12 | The birthday chapter: fight or escape

Start from the beginning

"You're not my parents." Taehyun just comments briefly, his face totally unimpressed. Beside him Kai , like the biggest fanboy he is, is clapping and cheering for trashy rap, his heart all in. 

"Yaaaaah, is that all you've got from our rap? Ungratefull child!"  Wooyoung definitely is way to much into this parenting idea, now pounting like a mom being forgotten on Mother's Day.

"Respect your elders, we had to wake up before the sunrise, working hard for the money to support your education..." Yeonjun starts to tell some sad and heartbreaking tale, which obviously wasn't true.

"What the hell, it was nothing like that!" Taehyun is totaly ready to protest but his hyungs are not done yet. 

"We sacrifice so much for you, at look at yourself now, making your poor mother cry with that taking-back mouth of yours!" Yeonjun brings Wooyoung closer to himself and the latter pretends to wail theatrically, his fake cries makin Heeseung roll his eyes.

"Did you make any plans for birthday celebration Taehyun?" Heeseung asks calmly, changing the topic despite the indigation of fake parents.

"Not really." Taehyun shruggs his shoulders. Apart from finally spending some time with his hyungs on the line (cause due to time diffrences they don't get to do it often) he really didn't plan anything. Futhermore, he didn't really share with his college friends that today is his birthday. He don't want to fuss about it and the fact that he shouldn't share too much personal information had a great impact too. He's still a little scared about being somehow hinted to his real persona - the idol Kang Taehyun, worries and anxiety constantly at the back of his mind. Little get together with Kai and his hyungs is totally satisfying for him. 

"Actually..." Hyuka scratch his head, guilt creeping up to his face and Taehyun immediately know that the younger is clearly hiding something, his nervous laughter being tell-tale sign that he's about to drop some news and Taehyun not gonna enjoy them. "I'm about to take Tyunie out of some ice-cream."

It's obvious to everyone that Kai is bullshiting his way through, trying his best to avoid Taehyun's suspicious. 

"That sounds nice..." Heeseung desperatly tries to cut through the tension, but it's already too late - Taehyun is fuming.

"I told you i don't want to celebrate! And definitely I don't want ice cream!"

"But you love ice cream, Tyun..." Yeonjun is trying to ease the birthday boy but his voice seem to not reach Taehyun, whose deadly stare is still direct at Kai. 

"It's not about ice cream! Damm that ice cream! If we go to the ice cream parlour we gonna met Beomgyu!"

Kai sinks to his seat even more, faint and apologetic smile barely visible because he lowers his head so much. The other line immediately asking questions, being totally dumbfounded (like "Who's Beomgyu?" by Heeseung and Wooyoung and a little more idiotic "What's Beomgyu?" by Yeonjun), but Tahyun just ignore them.

"You know he's gonna make a big deal out of it if he finds out! He will probably... I don't know, throw a party, invite the whole 4th floor and make me crowd surfing!" 

"Crowd surfing is so cool, we need to try it next time when we're gonna have a concert!" Despite being second oldest, Wooyoung was like a child, reacting only to the part of sentences that he finds exciting.