Chapter The Tenth

London, England, 1599 ACE

The globe theater had quickly become one of Kaia's favorite places in England after its opening. Something about the atmosphere just seemed so magical to her, especially when the man behind it all put on a new play for the first time.

Kaia had met the poet by accident, after one of the women she'd been traveling with mentioned to him that she knew a great deal about the fall of Caesar. He, of course, had been intrigued, especially since it had been one of the ideas he had been considering using for a history.

He'd insisted on getting to know her better, before beginning the onslaught of questions about the event itself. That had been one of the reasons Kaia liked Shakespere, he seemed to be one of the few people who had used her records as a resource, without asking many questions about how the record had been gathered. He was an odd fellow, but after a little while of getting to know him, she certainly didn't mind his company.

Today, Kaia found herself standing among the groundlings, ready to see the final version of the play she had worked on, just as much as he had. Her place to watch these productions was often among the groundlings, despite the protests from the few friends in higher society that she had made. Still, she remained, enduring their whispers and speculations would not be the worst thing she'd ever gone through.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" The man himself called from the stage, hushing the crowd, "I would like to thank you very much for coming to the first ever production of my new show, The Tragedy Of Julius Caesar! I would also like to give thanks, to the lovely Katherine of Castille, for her help on this endeavor!"

At the shouting of her alias, Kaia nodded in gratitude, earning the attention of those crowded around her.

"Without any further ado, I give you: The Tragedy of Julius Caesar!" He all but ran from the stage, a group of actors taking his place.

The one playing Flavius stepped forward, "Hence! Home, you idle creatures! Go Home!"

The Amazon Rainforest, Peru, 1692 ACE

It was late, when the sparking orange portal opened into the middle of the jungle, and Kaia stepped through. Since Tenochtitlan, she had seen Druig once, in passing, but now that there was the ability to send letters across the ocean, they wrote to each other often.

HIs letters had been part of what kept her sane as the world continued to change and evolve, and hers became his window to the world outside the jungle.

Now, Kaia was taking the opportunity to see him properly... With her visions from Arishem having gone somewhat quiet, she figured it would be safe enough.

It took her only a few minutes to find the path, and begin the walk to the commune. It only took a few minutes longer for Druig to meet her on the path, a soft smile on his face, "What're you doin here?"

Moving forward, she kissed him, eventually pulling away, "I wanted to see you..."

"Good," He placed another peck on her lips, "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

Taking her by the hand, he turned back up the path, "Do you want to see the village?"

"How have things been going out here?" She asked, looking around as they came up into the main village.

"Good. The people are happy to live in peace, I don't have to interfere much."

"That's wonderful."

Druig proceeded to lead her through the whole village, showing her the villagers achievements, and introducing her to the few people that were up and about. Kaia could feel the peacefulness of the little hamlet, and the contentedness of the villagers.