Chapter 1: Gold Dress

Start from the beginning

Her heels clicked against the bloody floor, passing by cold, dead bodies whose eyes are gouged out. She stopped in front of the man and watched him try to crawl out of his own fate. She rolled her eyes then kicked him back towards the wall, leaving her right foot on his shoulder this time. She reached under her thigh and pulled out a gun, pointing it towards his wrinkled forehead.

"I detest awful, disgusting men like you." she spoke dryly, her voice stern and deep.

Anger fueling every word spoken.

Within a split second, an agonizing scream and a loud gunshot echoed through the room and silence immediately followed. She took one last glimpse of her artwork before closing the door.

She dragged her blades along the hallway, leaving bloody trails behind. The lights flickered as she passed by, her beautiful yet intimidating hums filling every corner.

The cold wind of New York welcomed her outside, she embraced the cool breeze then stepped out of the building. The streets were busy as usual even though it was already late, especially with all the Avengers and aliens shit going on.

She thought those are just a waste of time.

If the world is ending then let it end.

Why even bother getting in the way?

She's seen how the world works.

She was given away at a young age and was raised in a facility called the Red Room where little girls are taken to be trained into the world's deadliest assassins.

She was one of Dreykov's greatest creations, a woman with superhuman strength and incredible abilities. She was one of the most skilled and ruthless assassins to ever walk on Earth but was outshined by Natasha Romanoff every time.

Her hatred and envy only grew larger the more they grew up as rivals, always proving each other wrong, always getting into fights, beating, and hitting each other.

They used to be partners in every mission, they used to spare and fight in their free time. Others said they treated each other as sisters when they were younger, not until Romanoff left.

Serena chose to stay in the Red Room, having nowhere to go even if she tries to escape. She refused to take Romanoff's spot as the Black Widow, giving it away to Yelena Belova.

She refused to stand in that spot because the day Natasha Romanoff left was the day she promised herself that she'd be better than her.

That she'd be better than everyone else.

After proving what she's capable of and gaining Dreykov's trust, Serena left the Red Room to wander around the world, killing people here and there. It didn't take long before she became one of the most wanted unknown criminals in the world. She never left a trace or any evidence that could be held against her, she worked as quietly as possible and as ruthless as she can be at the same time.

A sigh escaped her mouth as she looked for her keys, she must've left them inside her apartment again. She threw her head back and furiously slammed the door with her closed fist.

"Third time this week..." she shook her head, she really needs to glue those keys in her palm.

After a series of picking the lock, Serena successfully entered her apartment with a broken hairpin. She stopped in her tracks when a white envelope lying on the floor caught her attention.

"I just finished a task, give me a break." she kicked the envelope away then locked the door behind her

Her whole body was sore and she stinks, it was the only thing she hated about being a killer. The smell of blood clinging onto her skin no matter how much she tries to get it off. Sometimes it takes a week and she has to wear a whole bottle of perfume to cover the scent whenever she goes out.