ᴠ. ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴀᴄᴇʙʀɪᴅɢᴇ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ

SAGE was excited out of her mind. Lorelai was hosting a dinner party at the inn, The Bracebridge Dinner, it was named. Sage had to go, she worked there, so here she was, shopping for a dress.
"What do you think?" Sage held an emerald dress against her body.
"Cute." Leanne formed a smile that made her eyes squint. The ringtone from Sage's phone rang loudly, vibrating against her pocket. She lifted the phone to her ear.
"Hello?"
"Hey sweetie, It's Lorelai." A familiar voice appeared on the other end.
"Hey Lora." Sage answered, mouthing to her mother that Lorelai was on the phone.
"We just thought you'd like to know that all the staff, waiters if you must, are going to be wearing old english outfits! So no need to look for a dress." Sage's smile disappeared as quick as it had come.
"Okay. Bye!" Sage acted a happy voice before hanging up the phone, "She wants us to wear old english outfits." Sage grunted. Her mother snort-laughed.
"Sorry, I just had a premonition of you in an outfit like that."
"It's not funny Mom!" Sage huffed, frustratedly putting the gorgeous dress back on the rack, causing it to shake rapidly.

THE DAY of the Bracebridge Dinner had arrived. Sage shook the snow from outside off her curled hair like a playful puppy.
"Sage! You look amazing!" Rory smiled her iconic smile as she looked at Sage's makeup and hair.
"Thanks Rory, you too, it's gonna ruin it when I've got the weirdo outfit on." Sage shot a look at Lorelai who smirked at the girl cunningly.
"I didn't even want to come here." The voice of an irritating teenage boy was heard as he walked through the door.
"No. You're staying. This is Lorelai's event." His uncle elbowed him in the ribs as they sat down on the luxurious couches. Jess looked around helplessly before laying eyes on the 17 year old. He blinked spastically before realising the girl who he was staring at happened to be the girl he hated, and found pleasure in vexing her. A smirk crossed his features. He walked up to her.
"Don't tell me you're gonna be wearing one of those outfits." Jess scoffed. When Sage didn't respond, Jess cackled.
"So you are?"
"Shut up." Sage shoved the boy so hard he almost tripped over his own feet, but saved himself on the counter.
"I have to get ready.
"Have fun!" Jess said in a sing song voice. Sage rolled her eyes at the mocha - haired boy. She thanked the staff member that handed her an outfit, sealed in a black bag. She entered the dressing rooms, that had been located in the rooms upstairs. She slipped into the 19th century flowy dress that had been assigned to her. She gazed into the mirror and grimaced at her reflection.

TALKING in an old english accent proved to be the biggest challenge of the night. She served some appetisers that Sookie had made, along with a dozen other foods.
"Thiseth iseth thy appetiser ofeth thy nighteth." Sage grinned, hearing Jess' snorts of laughter and Luke's hushes to the boy.
"You're doing really well, Sage." Lorelai pitifully said, taking an appetiser of the plate.
"Thankyouth." Sage maintained the accent and talk,trying to ignore Rory's face that looked like if she hold in her laugh she would burst out chuckling loudly. Rory broke, and banged her hand on the table.
"Rory!" Emily Gilmore threw a disapproving look at her granddaughter.
"Sorry grandma." Rory cheeks flushed crimson, and straightened her posture.
"You got told off." Sage whispered to her chocolate haired friend in a chant like tone.

THE night was almost over. Sage had sat down with the group, having removed her costume and was sitting in a oversized jumper with the words 'YALE' sewn into her front. Ever since Sage had dreamed of going to Yale. She was smart, and although having the disadvantage of going to a village school like her own, she believed her aspirations would be met. Watching Jackson, playing the role of the squire, down yet again another beer, Sage giggled slightly at the drunken man. Jess and Sage locked eyes randomly, before Sage broke the stare by looking down and playing with her fingers. She kept on noticing the small glances Jess was giving her, although whenever she tried to look up, he turned away, flustered. Lorelai placed her knife and fork on her china plate and they clanged loudly, startling the half drunken group.
"Right! You won't believe what we have next," The group waited in anticipation, "We have horse drawn sleighs for each and everyone here tonight!" A roar of applause was heard as everyone tittered between eachother, eager smiles brightening their faces.