Old Endings and New Beginnings(Third Person POV)

Start from the beginning

Audelia leaned forward once again to look him in the eyes. "You're afraid of her. Of what she can do, of what she may do".

Tyrion looked taken aback at her observation and tried to cool down his expression. But it was not by his face she recognized the fear, it was by his eyes. "Every good ruler needs to inspire a bit of fear".

Audelia scoffed, leaning back in her chair. "It seems to be the only thing she is inspiring as of late", Audelia muttered and looked out the window. 

"This isn't what I came to discuss with you, your Grace", said Tyrion after he took a deep breath. It truly wasn't what he wanted to tell her. 

"Audelia", Audelia replied, turning back to look at Tyrion.

"Sorry?", asked Tyrion confused.

"You can call me Audelia. None of that 'your Grace' nonsense. You're not my subject, and you are a friend. My betrothed's brother, and the Uncle to my son, my Lord", Audelia clarified and Tyrion smiled softly.

"I heard you named him Ned. Fitting name for an heir", replied Tyrion and Audelia smiled softly just at the thought of her son. 

"And it's Tyrion", added Tyrion after another short moment and now it was Audelia's turn to look confused.

"Not 'my Lord'. Just Tyrion. I am a friend after all", explained Tyrion and Audelia rolled her eyes at his words but nodded.

"What did you come to discuss with me, Tyrion?", Audelia asked and Tyrion gentle swooshed his wine around in his goblet thoughtfully.

Tyrion took a deep breath, and looked thoughtful for a moment, as if thinking about the right words. "I am not blind, Audelia. Though I have tried to be for Jaime's sake. And for yours. Jaime loves you, he has ever since I told him of your existence, before he even met you. He's never truly tried to hide it, though we spoke of it only once. You made him happy, when nothing and no one else truly could. For that I am forever thankful", Tyrion said and looked completely genuine.

Audelia always thought that Tyrion was the best of the Lannister's. Although, she loved Jaime more than life itself, he had his faults, his mistakes. She would always forgive them, of course, but not forget. Tyrion on the other hand, was the best of them. The underestimated scapegoat of the family who could be blamed for everything by everybody. He was the outsider of the family, although he was the most like them. It painfully reminded Audelia of Jon.

"I just wanted you to know", continued Tyrion, rubbing his finger against the slight indent of the table almost awkwardly. "I noticed, and I am thankful for it".

"You know, I am not the only one who made happy. He made me very happy too", Audelia replied and put her hand gently on top of Tyrion's in a comforting sort of gesture.

They smiled at each other and remained silent. They used to be good friends back in King's Landing but now they were on opposite sides of the Game, playing to survive. 

Tyrion turned to face her with a serious look on his face. "Would you be able to?", He asked and Audelia raised an eyebrow in question.

"Would I be able to what?", She asked confused and Tyrion looked somewhat uncomfortable, as if the question was hard for him to ask.

"Would you be able to accept Jaime's child with Cersei? Not resent it?", Asked Tyrion and Audelia's previous easy attitude darkened just at the mention of the wicked witch's name.

It was a question she had not yet asked herself, but the answer was already clear. She was not her mother, to reject an innocent child because of its father's and mother's mistake. Audelia just simply did not have the heart for that.