Forced to buy a vampire slave -chapter 57-

Start from the beginning

Corey walked upstairs as soon as we got in; he hadn't said a word on the way back.

"So," Mom began. "I'll give you some time to relax since you just got back and tonight we're leaving on a flight to New York."

"Um, why?" I questioned, slightly confused.

"There's a place there, a church that might be able to cure you."

I inhaled deeply. Of course, it starts right back up as soon as I get back.

"Right."

"Go get ready and pack. I'll see you in a bit. We're leaving at five."

Mom hugged me and Dad kissed my forehead then they left the room.

"Bells, they are delusional." Drake stated.

I nodded. "Yeah,"

"Anyway before you go, this is my slave I was telling you about. Her names Hazel."

The girl smiled at me.

She was taller than me by several inches I'd say she was at least 5'8, had dark blue eyes and long pale blonde hair that curled in at the ends and reached almost to her hips.

He face was round and her eyes were prominent, pale skin of course and thin, red lips.

She was wearing a dark blue dress that reached to her knees and white high heels.

"Hi," I said to her with a smile.

"Hello." She greeted cheerfully. "Drake told me to just call you Arabelle. Is that alright?"

I nodded.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Arabelle."

"And you as well."

Drake patted her head. "Good little slave."

I shook my head. "I'm going to get a shower."

"Alrighty, see you in a bit." Drake said.

I headed to the stairs. "You coming to New York with us?"

He nodded. "Yeah, hey Bells, wait."

I stopped, looking at him expectantly.

"Um," He glanced down. "Something happened the other day, with Corey..."

I gave him a puzzled look and tried to keep my worry from showing. "What?"

"Um, I don't know if should tell you, he didn't want you to know."

"Just tell me, Drake." I demanded, getting anxious.

He shook his head. "Nevermind."

"What? Come on, what is it?"

"It's nothing, nevermind, Bells, go get ready we only have a few hours."

I sighed and continued up the staircase.

I was extremely happy to get a shower but it wasn't as relaxing as it should have been now.

I dressed in a pair of black and tan plaid skinny jeans and a tattered grey tank top.

I didn't fool with makeup and pulled on my Doc Martens, glancing at the dirt scuffed on the bright green material of them and caked on the hard bottoms.

I pulled out a suitcase tucked away in the closet and unzipped it when I heard my bedroom door open.

I stepped out to the doorway of the closet, peeking out to see Corey.

He closed the door behind him and walked up to me.

His hair was slightly wet, probably from a shower, and he was dressed in new clothes; dark brown, almost black jeans, fit snuggly around the ankles, studded belt looped through and a dark gray, collared shirt.

His eyes ran over me and he gave a half-smile, breathing a laugh as he glanced down.

"What?" I questioned.

He shook his head, not meeting my eyes. "Nothing, just you look cute."

I held back a smile. "You seem to think that a lot."

His eyes went to mine. "Yeah, I do."

He took a step closer to me, leaning against the door frame. "So did your parents tell you about New York?"

I took a deep breath. "Uh huh,"

"Are you nervous? You seem like it?"

"I just don't like planes."

He grinned. "Oh, do you have a fear of flying?"

"A little..."

He laughed softly. "It'll be okay, you'll have me."

I smiled. "That's sweet."

"Well what can I say?"

"So, um, did something happen?" I inquired.

He froze; I don't even think he was breathing.

"Why would you ask that?" He said slowly.

"Drake mentioned something that happened involving you."

"No, nothing happened." He exhaled unsteadily.

"Something must've happened or Drake wouldn't have mentioned it."

He backed up. "No, it's nothing. I-I gotta go pack or...something." He turned and tripped over something on the floor, which was very unusual for him, and hurried out of the room.

Now I was just even more worried about what happened.

I started biting my nails, my stomach tight with tension and worry.

I quickly sprinted to the door and scanned the hall, seeing Corey heading to the stairs.

I rushed after him, grabbing his shoulder when I caught up to him.

He swiftly turned to face me, looking on edge.

He seemed to relax a bit when he saw me.

"Are you okay?" I questioned concernedly.

He nodded, glancing down.

"You really don't seem like it. What happened, really?" My eyes searched his.

"I-I can't." He said then walked away.