Forced to buy a vampire slave -chapter 53-

Chapter 53:

My Mother had had only one thing to say in response to Corey: "I'm on my way."

She, along with my Dad were probably freaking out right about now.

Sam had left shortly after one in the morning.

She was going to spend the night but she had to be home early in the morning so decided just to head back.

I had a horrible time trying to sleep that night; it seemed I was wide-awake and I couldn't seem to settle down so I could get some rest.

I glanced at the clock on my nightstand; seeing it was past three thirty in the morning and sighed.

Every time I tried to close my eyes they seemed to be open a few seconds later.

I sat up in my dark room, running a hand through my hair.

Not only was I not tired but I also think another part of the reason I couldn't sleep was the damned unquenchable thirst; and of course the constant pain.

This was hell.

I put my face in my hands.

Maybe it would've have been so bad if I knew it about it first.

If I'd known I was going to become a vampire, had a little warning so I could prepare myself.

But instead I'm dealing with something I hardly know anything about and truth be told I was scared.

I was scared of becoming a vampire.

I've never had anything against vampires but I've also never had the desire to be one.

I hated the thought that I was changing and I couldn't control it.

I couldn't just say I don't want to be a vampire and it would stop, I could stay human.

Because really, I don't want to be a vampire.

Especially not now. It could've at least happened in a time where my life was a little less complicated.

I don't how to deal with this.

I really wish me and Corey were still together right now.

I could talk to him about this. I'm sure he of all people would understand.

But it's not the same. If we were together I probably wouldn't hesitate to talk to him but it's different now.

Our relationship is different. It's not stable, not as comforting as it use to be.

It's awkward and complicated.

I sighed miserably.

I wish he didn't break up with me.

I felt like breaking down and crying right then.

My heart ached just as much as the rest of me.

And I didn't know how to fix it.

Was it as unfixable as the rest of my body?

Something I couldn't control.

If I didn't have Corey then what did I have?

What else could I want?

He's the only thing in life I have that makes everything...worth it.

Before I met him I was just stumbling through life, not caring really about anything, not thinking about my future, just doing whatever seemed to keep things moving forward, I didn't have a purpose.