7: Sparing

"Hey Lord Death, you called for me?" The man asks scratching his head. He wore a black suit with black glasses.

"Yes I did. Thank you for coming out soon."

"Of course. You must be Lord Death's pick. My name is Zen Valentine, and I am also a Reaper chosen by Death himself." The man says giving a little bow.

"Ah, really!" Liz says, not sure what to think of the situation.

"Yes, I am. My weapon is running a bit late but we may start anytime. I hear you just received Grace and is in need of practicing." Zen states cracking his back.

"So, what are you? You look human but you aren't." Fritz questions before starting.

"I'm a cyborg. Easy to hide, unlike a lot of transfigurations. I know you're human still, don't know why but whatever."

"How are you going to fight without a weapon?"

"Trust me, I don't need him. Ralf has stomach problems so I'm used to it. Anyways, my Grace should suffice for now."

"I doubt he will tell us Master." Leo says getting in front of Fritz.

"Yeah you're right. Granted, I'm not the best fighter. In hell I kinda just swung you around. I never used a sharp object except for a kitchen knife." Fritz confesses, looking down.

"Whether you know how to are not, we will have to learn. I can't change my form of weapon like Morgan or Liz. I am only a scythe."

"Alright, I guess this is training anyways."

Death snaps in a chair and sits down. "Zen, I do ask you to take a easy on the kid. He has to go home today."

"Understood. Come on, show me what you got." Zen says putting out his hand and making a come motion with his finger.

"Hmm, these guys waste no time. Morgan, Liz, come to me." Fritz commands holding out his arms. The two girls light up and move to his hands and transform into guns. He points them at Zen and fires.

Zen moves his body and dodges the bullets. Fritz fires off more rounds, but Zen keeps moving out of the way. Fritz pockets Liz and rushes forward. "Leo, come!"

Leo lights up and turns into the scythe, going right into Fritz's hands. He brings Leo up and slams him down on Zen, who sidestepped out of the way.

"Two guns and a scythe. Nice mix of long and short range." Zen says tapping the blade of Leo. Fritz rips Leo out of the ground and turns the blade horizontal, and swings. Zen jumps into the air and dodges.

"You're a bit slow, but you're new. Being thrown into this kind of thing is tough, I know, but for being your second or third day you have some potential."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Fritz yells, lifting Morgan up and shooting.

Zen lands on the ground, and goes limp, falling to the floor as the bullet fly overhead. "I was just saying." He jumps up and brushes off his coat. His suit pocket had a skull on it.

"Come on, I get no handicap?" Fritz ask leaning on Leo.

"Hmm, well I think it's fair seeming I don't have a weapon, but whenever he gets her that would be bad for you. I guess it will do me not harm in telling you. My Grace, is called Foresight." Zen says pushing up his glasses.

"If so, why wear glasses?"

"IDIOT I SAID FORESIGHT NOT PERFECT VISION!!!"

Zen has 20/200 eye score

"Ehm, Foresight allows me to see up to 5 seconds into the future when in combat. Normally, I can see up to a year, but in these situations I am limited to 5 to at max 10 seconds ahead."