Chapter 2: Weapon Day

They arrived exactly in time before dinner. They had flown on Pela. She collapsed onto a heap of Inko hay. Hazel patted Pela on her head and they entered LEAGUE's base.

Hayden separated from them to change into clean clothes. His clothes were covered in ash. It was because he was hijacking the boat's engine. He had spent the day getting covered in ash and getting electrocuted. His hair stuck up in weird positions and he had gone to the changing rooms.

Harper and Hazel found their mom-step mom for Hazel though she didn't call her step mom-setting the table.

"Hey kids!" Peggy greeted. "How was the training Hazel?"

"Good but..." Hazel stared at Harper.

"Pegasus is...dead." Harper burst into tears and her mom took her and patted her back. "I couldn't save her!" she wept.

Her mom patted her back and Harper got out of her mom's embrace. "I shouldn't be crying. I should be strong."

"Ok dear."

They ate dinner until a man with a scroll entered the dining pavilion. The man said, "Commander Harper! Monsters attack! They look like Keres's allies!"

Harper got up from her seat. "Tell Antelope about this. As for you, go find my brother Lukas. He knows ways of how to keep the civilians safe. Hazel, come with me. Mom, go alert the city."

"On it," all of them said in unison. The man left to look for Lukas, Peggy went and grabbed her bag, and Harper and Hazel went out of the pavilion. They had found Hayden sitting down, reading a book.

"Hayden," Harper said. "Monsters attack."

Hayden got up and his book turned into a sword. "Ready as ever Commander Harper," Hayden said with a wink.

"No need Hayden," Harper said.

Harper did sound pleased, Hazel thought.

They strode out of the palace and headed for the main gates. Guards were flanked around the gates. As soon as they spotted Harper they made a way for her. They passed the armory and they had fitted their armor.

"When I said "normal life" I didn't mean fighting monsters 24/7," Harper said.

They packed up and headed out. A golden eagle swooped above them carrying a scroll. The scroll was dropped into Harper's hands. She read it and she turned pale.

"Oh God," she said.

They went out of the barracks and peeked out of a telescope. They saw monsters with monstrous features waiting in front of the main gates. Guards and Veterans of LEAGUE came and waited for Harper's signal.

Harper is really in charge, Hazel thought.

"If we die without a fight I will not accept. We die fighting! Veterans and guards, break the barrier!" Harper yelled with so much confidence, everyone nodded.

The barrier was shut down and the monsters came running.

"I will not die today!" Harper yelled. "Charge LEAGUE!"

They charged and the monsters grinned. The Veterans struck them easily. The guards sliced off the heads of monsters.

Harper charged flinging her sword. The monsters yelped and ran away. Harper summoned green lighting and struck the monsters who turned into ash. Lukas came barreling toward them with two Khopeshes.

"Harper," he said. "Use these. They'll instantly kill them."

Harper grabbed the Khopeshes and charged. She sliced every monster and within minutes, the battle field was covered with gold, green, and blue blood.

"Make sure to remind me not to test you," Hazel said.

"Don't worry," Harper said.

"Cheers for Commander Harper!" The battlefield was filled with roaring cheers. They lifted Harper on their shoulders and marched back into the palace.

Lukas put an arm around Hazel. "That's our sister. Queen of kills and attacks."

They walked back into the palace and the borders were put back up and they continued their dinner.