Chapter 1- The Nerds, The ones who stay out of our way, and The Popular

Alayna's POV
BEEP BEEP BEEP
I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock beeping.

"Not Monday!" I groan, rolling over and hitting the snooze button.

"Alayna! Get up! Time for school!" My mom screams from downstairs.

"No!" I yell.

"Yes!" Mom screams.

"Never!" I scream. I hear my older sister, Mackenzie, chuckle from outside.

"Just get up, you crazy little 14 year old! It's time for school! I'm not waiting for you! If you aren't dressed and downstairs in 8 minutes I'm gonna leave you!" She says. I groan and hop up. I walk over to my closet and I grab a tank top and a blue sweater. I grab some jogging pants and then I grab my pink converse. I get dressed really fast and I grab my book bag and phone, opening the door and running downstairs. I see my mom and my stepdad, Dustin, standing in the kitchen and cooking. I look around and see my little brothers, Ethan and Preston, at the kitchen table, eating breakfast. Preston is 4, Ethan is 10, and my older brother, Caleb, is 16. I also have another older sister, Sharon, but she's 20 and she moved out 2 years ago, after graduation. So there are now 5 kids in the house. Mackenzie and I have been thinking that moms pregnant again because she's gaining a little more weight. Anyway, I grab a piece of toast and I kiss everyone on the cheek before running out the door and hopping in Mackenzie's car. Kenzie starts the car and starts driving.
*********************************
I walk up to my locker at school and I put in the combination. It's almost second period already and I'm lucky I didn't forget my books again. Just as I get out my books and close the locker, I'm met with the most popular girl in school, Laiken Ryes.

"Laiken I'm not in the mood today. Back off." I say, trying to walk away. She steps in front of me and smirks. She snaps her fingers and her little girl posse corners me. I roll my eyes and she steps closer to me.

"Listen Alaynia-"

"It's Alayna. Not Alaynia." I cut in. She rolls her eyes.

"Ok, Listen 'Alayna', there are 3 different types of people in this school. The nerds, the ones who stay out of our way," she says through clenched teeth, "and the popular. Guess who you are, nerd. Now listen, you will never be popular, but you can try to stay out of our way. Now have a crappy day. Bye Alaynia!" Laiken says, turning and motioning for her girl group to follow her. If only I could prove to her that I'm just as good as her...I smirk. I have an idea!

A/N
OMG hey guys! I hope you like the first chapter of our story, Words Hurt Me Too. Oh and if you like this PLEASE go follow our main accounts (read our bio to find out).
XOXO, Lily ❤.