Okay, it's official. She's beautiful. Somehow, this woman in front of me was fascinating in every aspect. She had charisma, humor, determination, beauty and intelligence. She was perfect. I admire her empathy. Many people lack it and tend to be selfish but Kaycee was special. You could tell her intentions just by looking into her eyes.

"No. I don't mind it at all. I actually enjoyed hearing you talk about your job. It's fascinating...you're fascinating." I complimented her. The rosiness on her cheeks only became more noticeable as she looked away. "Are you always this blunt?"

"Are you always this mesmerizing?" I threw back at her. A nervous giggle freed itself from her lips as she covered her mouth. "You flatter me, Sean Lew." She swooned jokingly before putting another forkful of steak in her mouth.

I laughed when she cut another piece but handed it to me on her fork. "No thank you, love. I made that dish specifically for you." I said before playing with her hand some more. Kaycee shook her head stubbornly. "Nope. You need to experience this beautiful, delicious meal. Something in my gut tells me that you don't eat your own food."

"I do! Just not now." I said with what was, to my surprise, a sheepish grin. Kaycee smirked as she saw the blush on my cheeks. "Aww, look at you! How adorable. But here, Lew. Try it. If you don't take it, I will have to force you and I don't want to have to do that on our first date so..."

There was a part of me that just wanted to take the fork since I didn't want to say no to her. However, the larger part of me wanted to see what she was capable of doing if I didn't take the fork, but I also didn't want to find out in case it would be ruthless.

She looked at me with enticing eyes. However, they weren't lustful, just persuasive and pretty. I slowly reached for the fork and took it into my own hand, our hands brushing lightly as I did so. I know it was cliche to say that I felt a spark when I felt her touch; and honestly, that wasn't even it. Somehow, in the matter of half an hour, I found Kaycee's touch more welcoming than anything I've ever known.

"I'll take it, but only because I'm partially frightened." I said while giving her a skeptical glare then putting the piece of steak in my mouth. Her giggle filled the room which was almost completely empty. Only a few families and what was the majority of couples scattered around the room. "Is this restaurant family-owned?" She asked while continuing to chew her food. I perked up at her question, some of my best memories coming to mind.

I shook my head and smiled at my surroundings. I made sure to proceed with the homelike feeling of the restaurant. "No. I knew the owner and he wanted me to have it after he retired. He knew I had a passion for cooking, watching him constantly, sitting in the waiting area to analyze the way people's faces lit up in this atmosphere he created." I shrugged. "So I kept it."

Kaycee smiled as I told her. My smile widened once she did. It just lit me up. I never thought I'd be here in my restaurant smiling like an idiot in front of my date. "You're fascinating, Sean Lew." She emphasized while resting her chin on her palm. I blushed softly at her statement, not even bothering to look away. However, we were knocked out of our daze when we noticed a body standing over us.

"Sorry to ruin your moment, lovebirds. I just came to present to you your dessert of the night." Sam apologized with a smile as she placed down the fancy glass plate. "I present to you the Sean and Kaycee special! Here lies a warm mug of hot chocolate and slices of apple pie. Weird combo but I can guarantee you, it'll make you nice and cozy. Perfect for the night."

It was my mom's recipe. Every employee knew I only saved it for special occasions. "Thank you, Sam. This looks amazing." Kaycee thanked her kindly. "My pleasure. Enjoy, sweetie. You too, boss!" With that, Sam walked away, taking Kaycee's empty Shirley Temple glass with her.

"Shall we?" I asked. Kaycee grabbed her fork excitedly before digging in.

~~~~~

"Thank you for tonight, Miss Rice. I thoroughly enjoyed your company." I said, biting back my smile but failing miserably. After our date, I offered to walk Kaycee to her car only for her to inform me that she took an uber to the restaurant so I kindly offered to give her a ride home. To make sure she felt safe, I told her to call a friend and remain on the phone with them the entire car ride, but she sweetly declined it and put her trust in me.

"And I thoroughly enjoyed your food. Your company was okay too, I guess." Kaycee shrugged jokingly. We both laughed wholeheartedly. Once I noticed Kaycee fidgeting with her purse, I smoothly grabbed her hand intertwining it with mine.

"No but seriously, tonight was really nice and if you want...maybe we can-" I cut her off by kissing her on the hand. "Don't have too much faith in me. We haven't gone on that second date yet." I smiled.

"How will we do that if I don't have your number, sir?" She asked me with a knowing smile. I rolled my eyes playfully and whipped out my phone. "Damn, one date and you're already obsessed with me." I said with a shake of my head.

"You wish, Lew." Kaycee said, snatching my phone from my hands then typing her number in. Once she was done, she texted herself then handed it back to me. "I look forward to our next date, beautiful." I smiled, looking into her eyes. Kaycee grabbed my chin then kissed my cheek.

"Until then, Sean Lew."