𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢

A/N - Some of this chapter's dialogue is also influenced by Steven Universe but it is changed quite a bit (I'm sure some of you will notice though). Enjoy! 

CHAPTER SEVEN: 

DETROIT, MICHIGAN

DATE

FEB 22ND, 2027

TIME

PM 06:36:30

Amanda stood in her bathroom, coughing and hacking into the sink. She stopped coughing and gasped for air. Blood dribbled out of her mouth. Amanda knew she was sick, she knew she didn't have much longer. She was probably going to survive for another few days. She honestly didn't know.

With shaky hands, Amanda grabbed some toilet paper and blew her nose. Her head was pounding and her chest ached. The pressure on her lungs never went away and she had difficulty breathing.

Amanda slowly walked out of the bathroom and attempted to go over to Elijah.

"Amanda? Are you okay?" Elijah asked worriedly. Amanda smiled weakly, eyes fluttering as she collapsed to the floor. "Amanda? Amanda!" Elijah ran up to her. "Amanda! Wake up, please!" Two people rushed into the room. "Call an ambulance! Now!"

At the age of 48, Amanda Stern was diagnosed with Stage 3 Lung Cancer, and she didn't have much longer to live. Only a few days.

Elijah softly knocked on Amanda's hospital room door, hearing a raspy and quiet, "Come in". Elijah walked into the room, holding a bouquet of blue flowers. He placed them next to her hospital bed and sat down.

Amanda took his calloused hand with her bony one. Amanda smiled at him, eyes dull. She opened her mouth. "Elijah," she whispered. Elijah had to lean in to hear her. "Elijah, I want you to continue your work. You are such a brilliant man."

"But, Amanda" Amanda cut Elijah's protesting off.

"Shh. Hush, Elijah. I want you to listen." Elijah immediately shut his mouth. "Elijah, if you love that woman, tell her." Elijah's face went red. "Connect with her. . . I'm tired, Elijah. I need to rest. Please, visit me tomorrow." Amanda closed her eyes and Elijah assumed she went to sleep. He softly kissed her forehead and walked out of the room.

🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒。・゚♡゚・。🍓。・゚♡゚・🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒

Elijah sat next to Amanda, she took his hand again. She didn't open her eyes, her cheeks were sunken in, her skin was ashen, she looked like death.

"Elijah. . ." she rasped. Her voice was so quiet Elijah could hardly hear it.

"Yes?" he whispered.

"I'm going to die soon, and I want you to know that you don't have to continue working because of me. . ."

"But I want to!" Elijah's eyes glazed with tears.

"I know you do. You need to understand, it's either her or CyberLife. I can't make that choice for you." Amanda coughed harshly. Elijah handed her a glass of water, helping her take small sips.

"Why would I want either of those things, if you're here?" he asked, putting the water down.

Amanda softly laughed, turning into a harsh cough. She attempted to squeeze his hand. Elijah looked down at their intertwined fingers.

"My Elijah. . ." Amanda breathed.

"Mom. . ." Elijah murmured.

Boop. . . boooooooooop. . .

The sound of a flatline sounded throughout the room. Elijah closed his eyes. Nurses and doctors rushed into the room. Two nurses rushed Elijah out of the room, telling him to sit in the waiting room.

🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒。・゚♡゚・。🍓。・゚♡゚・🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒

The doctor walked into the waiting room, holding a clipboard. He walked over to Elijah, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I'm so sorry." That was all Elijah Warren Kamski needed to hear. 

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝓫𝔂 𝓜𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓪𝔂, 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓸𝓴𝓪𝔂. 𝓐𝓷𝔂 𝓭𝓪𝔂'𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓕𝓮𝓫𝓻𝓾𝓪𝓻𝔂