It was because Lin Rui did not to restrain himself when he was an official. He had always been enemies with others, so no one helped him until now.

Even the First Prince, who had tried to rope him in in the past, now paid no attention to him.

The Lin Clan's arrogance would not last for long.

After seeing off Zhong Rou, Xie Lisa thought for a moment about the matter that Lin Huaping had pushed Xie Yeri into the water, she could't let go.

Sooner or later, she would get it back for Ah Yeri.

After Madam Dara woke up, Xie Lisa stayed at Duke Dingguo's Mansion for a while, until it was dark, she got into the carriage that was going to return.

When she returned to the Prince's Mansion, it was already dusk. The rays of the sun had dyed half the sky red, causing the two stone lions in front of the door to emit a bright orange glow.

Walking back to Zhanyue Court, she heard someone crying in the courtyard. After pausing at the entrance to listen for a while, it wasn't hard to tell that it was Jieun's voice.

She looked up at the plaque in the courtyard: Zhanyue Court.

she did not go into the wrong court?

Did this Jieun really take this place to be her own home?

Xie Lisa walked into the yard and saw the two persons sitting under the porch.

In the porch was a small red lacquer table. Jeon Jungkook was facing her, and beside him was Jieun, who was crying.

Jeon Jungkook's face did not look too good. After saying something to her, she cried even more. Wiping her tears, she stood up and ran out.

Passing by Xie Lisa, she turned to look at her and kept running away.

It was getting colder and colder, and the ground was covered in a layer of frost. Jeon Jungkook had been drinking warm wine in the porch and was waiting for Xie Lisa to come back, but he didn't expect Jieun to arrive.

Annoyed, he dismissed Jieun with a cold voice, only to look up and see Xie Lisa standing next to the wall.

He stood up and knocked over the jug of wine on the table. "When did you get back?"

Xie Lisa walked towards the room. "Just now."

He followed her and asked, "Why are you back so late?"

It was warm in the room, so she took off her bandages and warmed her hands with the hot tea the servant maid had brought. "I talked to mother a little more."

He nodded. As seeing her normal expression, he didn't know whether he should explain the scene just now. "I ..."

Xie Lisa lifted her eyes. "Yeah?"

He hesitated for a moment before he tilted his head and said, "I don't know why she came over."

"So what did you tell her?"

Jeon Jungkook felt a little guilty, and said seriously: "Nothing."

Xie Lisa did not ask more. She didn't want to waste her time on Jieun.

She went to the inner room to change into a fresh set of lightweight clothes. When she turned, she saw Jeon Jungkook still sitting in his chair. She thought for a moment and then told him what Xie Yeri had seen in the governor's mansion today. "..."

"The Lin Family hated our family. Second Miss Lin wanted to help her father, so she began to have evil intentions towards Ah Yeri."

Jeon Jungkook wore a solemn face and sneered, "The Lin Family is unable to protect themselves now, and they are actually trying to harm others?"