Steward Zhao had a subtle look on his face. When seeing they come, he wanted to say something, but hesitated. In the end, he did not say anything.

Jeon Jungkook helped Xie Lisa into the carriage. When he opened the curtain and saw the person inside, he frowned unhappily. "Why are you here?"

Inside the carriage was none other than Jieun, who was in garb of unhemmed sackcloth.

Jieun had been sitting inside waiting for a long time. When she heard his question, not only did she feel guilty, but she even replied confidently, "This is the only carriage. If I wasn't here, then where should I be?"

On the way back, she had followed Madame Li's coffin all the way to Qingyao Mountain. Naturally, she couldn't return home by walking.

Therefore, she didn't need anyone to say anything, and automatically got into Xie Lisa and Jeon Jungkook's carriage. Steward Zhao had persuaded her not to do this, but she didn't accept his advice, so he gave up.

Jeon Jungkook got into the carriage with Xie Lisa and said to her, "Isn't there another one behind us?"

She made a fuss. "That's the maid's carriage!"

If it weren't for the tears on her face, just judging from her loud sound, one could not tell that she had just had a family member passed away.

Jeon Jungkook frowned and subconsciously looked at Xie Lisa, but seeing her normal expression, he was a little relieved, so he didn't bother with Jieun anymore.

The carriage rumbled as it drove along the mountain path, heading slowly towards the foot of the mountain.

In the carriage, Xie Lisa sat by the curtains, which occasionally obscured Jeon Jungkook's view from the wind. He wanted to sit closer to her, but Jieun's eyes were fixed on them, and he was distracted for no reason.

The sunlight penetrated through the carriage and sprinkled onto the floor, forming rings of mottled light that swayed as the carriage walked.

The carriage took on another path. The light tilted, and most of if showered on Xie Lisa, who sat quietly with her eyelids drooping, as if she were asleep.

The sunlight shined on her face, causing her to appear transparent. If she did not speak, it seemed that she would leave at any moment.

Jeon Jungkook grabbed her hand and placed his other hand on her head, resting it on his shoulder.

She moved slightly and he asked, "Are you tired?"

She closed her eyes and made a small sound of agreement.

He said, "Then take a rest and lean on my shoulder."

Xie Lisa did not answer him, maybe because she was asleep. Her long eyelashes drooped lazily, blocking out her glowing pupils.

Jeon Jungkook carefully supported her. In order to make her comfortable, he had no choice but to bend his body slightly, not moving at all. This posture was kept for half an hour.

As Jieun watched from the other side, her heart was filled with mixed feelings and she couldn't tell what she was feeling.

She had never seen her cousin so tolerant of anyone. Whether it was when he was young or now, she had always thought that he had a straight face and was naturally cold and proud, looking down on everyone.

So it was not that he didn't like anyone, but he just didn't like her.

Where was the coolness he felt when he faced him?

He had taken Xie Lisa for a fragile treasure.

But why?

Jieun couldn't understand why he would fall in love with her.