Chapter Nineteen

Andrew's POV

I was sitting on the bench in front of the school, reading a book, as I waited for my best friend who's at basketball practice. It ended ten minutes ago. But the coach wanted to speak to him. So I told him I'll wait out here for him.

When suddenly I hear the door open, and someone quickly walks out. I looked up to see Zoe walking to the direction, in which I assume is the way, to her house. I quickly put my book mark into place. Then ran after to her.

Now here's the thing. I've liked Zoe seen last year. But I didn't have the guts to ask to ask her out. I mean, every guy is scared to ask her out. She doesn't trust anybody, and she keeps to herself. This year, I wanted to make it different. But I think I asked for way too much at one time. I didn't expect her to just blurt out all the stuff she said. But she seems that she wants to forget about it. Then thats what I'm going to do. And I'm going to try to be her friend... before anything else happens between us.

"Zoe!" I yell out to her, as I still run after her. I don't even think she realizes she's still walking fast. "Zoe!" I call out again.

I catch up to her, and tap on her shoulder, stopping both of us. She spins around toward me with her hand up in a fist like she's going to punch me. I put my hands up in surrender as I back up.

"Woah woah there, its ok its just me."I say cautiously.

She smiles sheepishly at me. Then takes out a earbud. "Oh hey, sorry Andrew, didn't see you there." she says.

"Its all right. But you walk damn fast."I chuckle nervously. And I slap myself mentally. Great, just great Andrew. You just had to say that you dipshit. And I shove my hands deep into my pocket so Zoe won't see them shaking.

She laughs lightly, and shakes her head. I look at her in adoration, but stop once she looks back up at me again. "So, what do you need from me?"she asks.

"Oh yea.. right..uh.. I.. I wanted..."I trail off as I scratch the back of my head nervously. As I tried to think of what to say. Oh I just want to ask you if you wanted to hang out today? Even though you ditched me today at lunch. But it's fine, I forgive you if you just come with me. Yea... not going to happen.

"Do you want to go out with me this Saturday?"I blurt out. Then slap myself mentally. Great Andrew, just great. Way to scare her off.

I look at her to see her blushing all kinds of reds. And I smile a little at her reaction. She looks so cute blushing.

"Um.. y-you wa-want to go out w-with me? Like... on a date?"she asks me, stuttering cutely.

I feel my cheeks heating up too, telling me I'm blushing aswell. Well this is going great, isn't it. "Yea, I mean if you want to you. You don't have to, if you don't want to." I ramble. And I slap myself mentally again.

"Oh... um... I-I don't- You know what? Why not?"she says, smiling up at me.

I smile at her to. "Really?"I ask her hopefully.

She nods her head."Yea, it'll be fun."she says.

I nod my head, and smile down at her. "Ok then,... uh can I see your phone?"I ask. She nods her head, and hands me her phone. I take it and put my phone number in it, smiling happily as I do so. "Here you go."I give her back her phone.

"Thanks.... uh.. so what time are me you picking me up?"she asks.

I grin sheepishly at her, embarrassed. "Umm... don't worry about it. I'll text you the details later."I say.

"Ok... then... I'm going to go."she says, and she turns around and walks off.

I wave at her retreating figure, then face-palm myself. "You're so stupid, Andrew."I say to myself.

At least you got a date with her. My conscience retorts back. I smile to myself, then turn and walk back to where I was sitting. And my best friend, Jacob, was waiting there.

"Who was that?" he asks once I was in front of him.

I smile, knowing exactly who he's talking about...well, obviously "No one you need to worry about." I respond. As I put my book in my bag.