⦿ Chapter 2

The bell rang, and its sound engulfed the school

The bell rang, and its sound engulfed the school. It was finally lunchtime. Kiyoshi had almost forgotten what real classes felt like since Gojō scouted her at such a young age.

But even so, recalling such memories of her past wasn't the best either. She spent most of her time alone during her pre-HHAO days. She only had one friend who knew sign language. After Gojō scouted her, she never saw her friend again.

Cementoss exited the room, and students of class 1-A began standing from their seats. A certain pink-skinned bubbly girl approached Kiyoshi. "Hi! I'm Ashido Mina! You can call me Mina!" Mina greets the moment she gets near Kiyoshi. "What do you think about the sports festival, Inumaki-san?" She queries, sparking a conversation with her.

Kiyoshi fished out her phone and went to her notes app to type her reply. Mina, on the other hand, hums in confusion. Then, Mina just remembered that Kiyoshi couldn't normally talk like them, and she gasped. "Ah, right! You can't–"

But Kiyoshi already showed her screen, and it read:

I'm excited since there'll be pro heroes and other people around to see us:)

You can call me by my first name, Mina:)

"I'm excited too, Kiyo-chan!" Mina said with enthusiasm.