"Gaihla! Where have you been?!" the girl was taken back to reality when Yngvar grab both of her shoulders and scanned her from head to toe with a worried look on his face.

"Sorry." She said apologetically. "The voices were so strong. I need to unleash some magic."

"Why was Al..why as 'he' with you?" he still realized The Blade's presence.

Gaihla blinked twice. She slightly looked away then gave an ambiguous answer, "He followed me and did not want to listen when I told him to stay at home."

"Wait inside. We'll talk." He said sternly.

To Delphine and Esbern he said his goodbye and promised to see them in a few weeks. He persuaded them to leave. Yngvar did not even bother offering them to get inside the house for warm drinks amidst the cold wintry air.

"Did you see the man?" Delphine asked Esbern after the door was shut before their face.

"Yes," Esbern replied.

"That might be Alduin. Another one must be hiding inside."

"Are you really sure we need to do this, Delphine?" he asked with concern. "The informant might be wrong."

"Your age might have your sense dull, but something told me the man we saw had something to do with the dragons. Didn't you hear the dragon earlier mentioned 'thuri' ?"

"I totally forgot about it. Now your idea started to make sense." He thought for a moment then added. "Normal dragon would have attacked. It would only retreat when it sensed superiority."

"Now you get my point." She retorted, slightly shivering. "It is getting cold. Let's get back to the city and talk. I have a plan."

*****

It was neither anger nor mistrust, yet Yngvar experience a mild agitation. The reason from Gaihla gave him no satisfaction. He told her to wait in her room while he talked with Alduin.

"So, this is your plan, huh? Using another dragon to attack us?"

"I do what I think necessary and I grant you your wish to cease the battle. It is natural for my generals to look for their missing king." He replied. "I have many of them, scattered mountains away. This body locks me and my power. My command couldn't reach the far place where they stay."

It downed now to him why the dragon earlier just left them alone. For a moment he was impressed by his intention yet Yngvar was still upset.

' "I see." That was all he could say. He then turned to Paarthurnax. The poor dragon caught the agitation in his eyes. "You are in charge. Make sure he remained inside the house." Yngvar turned to Alduin again. "And don't get too close to Gaihla."

"Why?" Alduin retorted.

"Because you are a man. No. It is because I said so." he replied sternly and left the room.

He might not speak about it but Yngvar knew the night when Alduin and Gaihla sneaked out from the camp to bury the fallen soldiers. He saw what they did. He might not aware of it yet, but jealousy that any father would feel when their daughter was close to another man slowly grew in his mind. Alduin becoming human might be rather acceptable, but for the dragon to have a relationship with his daughter was a different thing.

"Gaihla." He called her gently from the opened door. "May I come in?" she nodded in reply. Yngvar watched how she closed the book she was reading on her lap. The same blue eyes stared at him intently. He couldn't help but softened and felt as if he was staring at Kynareth herself.

"What is it?" she asked after hearing no words from him.

Yngvar sighed while closing his eyes for a moment. "Do you trust me, Gaihla?" he asked.

She furrowed her brow. "Of course."

In a smooth and respectful way, Yngvar went to kneel on one knee to her level. Gaihla was taken aback when he grabbed both of her hands and looked at her in the eyes with the softest gaze.

"I want to keep you safe from any harm." Said he. "So, could you tell me what happened between you and Alduin?" he caught her holding breath. Her cheeks grew slightly red. But on top of that, he noticed her guilt and internal struggle to answer.

"Well..." she stuttered. Gaihla flickered her gaze from him to the wall and floor. Yngvar smiled and gently tightened his grip. He sensed no fear and sadness from her regarding the topic. So, he thought at least she was not forced by Alduin—even if 'it' happened, at least it left her with no trauma.

"It is fine, you can tell me."

"Alduin said that I should have been dead last night." She began. "I told him to leave, but he insisted on helping me. He wouldn't let me die." She blushed again. "I was paralyzed because of the pain and voices ramming my head. Alduin held my hands the whole night, he well..." at this rate her face was red as a tomato. "He petted my head to sleep."

There was a moment of silence. Yngvar was dumbfounded. He felt stupid for being too paranoid. It seemed both Gaihla and Alduin were just innocents. In addition, this only made Yngvar wonder why Alduin stop her from her death even if that meant delaying their fight. But the topic was put aside for now.

"Hey, I want to tell you something," he smiled.

"What is it?"

"Let's go to Whiterun! You won't believe what I show you." He said to cheer up her mood.