29. Thunder

Yngvar awoke when he heard the echo of a dragon roar from far away. His first thought was Alduin might have returned to his original state. The man jumped to his feet at once then rushed toward his room. As soon as the door slammed open, he caught Paarthurnax jolted in surprise on his chair. The Dragon looked at him in confusion.

"Where is Alduin?" he asked.

"He was here when I meditate," Paathurnax replied but soon they noticed they had lost the black dragon. Yngvar searched around the house and cellar but couldn't find him. At last, he checked Gaihla's room. When Yngvar found her room was also empty, he felt as if his fear came to life.

"No! This can't be." He thought. The only thing that dawned on him was that Alduin might kill her so they could resume their battle. "No. No," he muttered under his breath.

"Dovahkiin, drem. Patience." Paathurnax said as if knowing his fear. "Alduin might be violent, but dragons never side with dishonesty. He heeds your request."

"But where are they now?" He asked desperately.

There was a knock on the main door before Paarthurnax could reply. Yngvar promptly went down to see his guest, hoping it was either one of them. But alas, the stranger was not someone he wished to see.

"We have expected you would be staying here," Delphine said with Esbern standing behind.

"Esbern, Delphine, it's been a while," Yngvar replied. He turned his head inside to see Paarthurnax. As their eyes met, he nodded in silence toward the room, gesturing the dragon to return to his place. Luckily Paasthurnax caught the sign. "What brings you here?" he continued after facing them again.

"The news about you defeating Alduin has been heard anywhere." Esbern started. "We are glad that you made it back safely and..."

"We want to make sure we heard it right." Delphine cut him midsentence. "Is it true that you have killed Alduin? Was it true all that's left is only his subordinate dragons?"

The question gave him a difficult time. "Well, for now, I think the dragon attack would cease." He said, sounding as convincing as possible. He really wished them to leave.

"For now?" Delphine frowned. "What about Paarthurnax? We know that the Greybeards are hiding him. And..."

"How did you know?" he abruptly asked.

"It doesn't matter. The Greybeards have always been siding with the beast." Delphine remarked. "Before we start to eradicate these dragons..." her words were put to cease when Yngvar abruptly walked past her. He saw Gaihla and Alduin in the distance and immediately ran to them.

However, all of their attention was immediately drawn to a yellow-scaled dragon flying above them. It roared and encircled the area. The dragon seemed to put his distance far enough from the range of spell attack, yet also close enough to scan the ground. Except for Alduin and Gaihla, everyone held their ground in anticipation of an attack.

"Thuri," the dragon's voice echoed.

"Leave now! I'll call you when it must!" Alduin replied at once in telepathy which only Gaihla could hear. 

The girl immediately turned her head and saw Alduin didn't even bother rose his face up to see the dragon. Instead, he walked casually past Yngvar, disregarding both Delphine and Esbern, then got into the house. The dragon let out another mighty roar and then rapidly flew away. Delphine grunted in annoyance while sheathing his sword.