12. Eleven

"Hi Cai Bing jiejie (unnie), Yaning jiejie, what brings you guys to this area?" you ask as you walk over to their table.

You make sure to greet them with the proper honourifics. You sometimes felt uncomfortable giving criticism to the contestants who were older than you on the show. Born in 1999, you were four years younger than Cai Bing and two years younger than Yaning. Cai Bing was the same age as Jisoo and Yaning was the same age was Rose and Lisa.

"Hi! We are taking a dance class at X Academy today, we thought we would come get coffee at this cute cafe just down the street." Yaning replied to you.

You glanced at Cai Bing, who didn't say much after greeting you. She stared down at her drink.

"That sounds fun, enjoy your time there and your break! Jiayou (fighting)!" you smiled shyly and said your goodbyes. You couldn't help but feel the awkwardness from last night lingering.

You walked across the street, back to YG, and took the elevator up to your studio.

Once you arrived back to your studio, you put your coffee on the table and connected your laptop to the desktop monitor. You checked your work email to see if there were any new updates. Luckily, there were only a few emails regarding upcoming meetings with the company. You opened your iPad and began jotting down what you needed to complete over the break.

You had to compose four songs of different genres for Girls Planet. You have about a week and a half to send Mnet the finalized demo so the dance masters can create the choreography for them.

Each dance master would choreograph two songs. The break is about a month long, meaning that they would only have around a week to choreograph each song. It also meant that you only have a week and a half to create four songs.

If you had a lot of inspiration and ideas flowing, you could usually finish a whole song within a week. The shortest time it's ever taken you was three days to create a song from start to finish, including writing lyrics and recording the demo but that was when you were feeling incredibly inspired.

Four different songs of completely different genres, four different sets of lyrics, and four demos in a week and a half was definitely going to be a challenge but you were excited to show that you could show more of your producing side.

To make things a little easier, you already had one song in mind. You pulled up your saved files and clicked on an audio file titled "Snake".

"Snake" was the first song of yours that experimented with the moombahton genre. It was a song that was meant to be intense and mysterious and the concept was a "snake" trying to steal another's heart using their immense charm.

The song was already completed and you were saving the song as a potential candidate for your own solo debut. However, you felt that the song would sound better if it was sung by a group.

After some more thought, you decided that "Snake" would be one of the concept songs for the show. You really wanted to see Cai Bing and Xiaoting perform this concept so you hoped that they would get chosen. You felt slightly relieved as now you only had three songs to compose.

To help with your planning, you decided to write down a list of song genres. You would pick out three genres first and create a song for each one of them.

Your days consisted of the same routine for the next week and a half. You would wake up, get ready, and then head to the studio. You would get your iced vanilla latte before starting your work. You spent the whole day at the studio, only going back home to sleep so you could repeat it all the next day.