❶❺

With your head slightly hung downwards, you sighed and looked up again and waited for Tanjiro's line.

Tanjiro already let Nezuko out once the sun fully set which was about 10 minutes ago, she was just aimlessly following her older brother.

But you were starting to get impatient, you've been walking forever.

'Can you hurry and sense death or whatever, I'm a busy woman and my feet hurt'

You picked up your pace a little bit, forcing the boy to speed up as well as his sister.

He glances at you, seemingly questioning why you were in a hurry.

Til' he finally smelt it,
"The scent of blood! I have to see if they're okay! "

You did an inward eye roll, glad that he finally noticed.

But why did he have to drag you along?!

He was running up hill, tightly gripping your wrist and you slightly winced.

'Look man, you  can run towards danger, I'm not. I may be stupid but I'm not idiotic'

Nearing the destination, your   senses heighted.

like when you yawn and your hearing increases by 35%? like that but everywhere.

'what in the hell? i feel like a god what just happened to my body just a second ago- maybe im super op and cool and aweso-'

"Get out, this is my turf! Wait. Say, are you three all human?"

'no im ur mom'

You looked over to Nezuko, and she was drooling a lot, like enough for a pool.

Shaking it off, you looked back ahead. Especially since you're about to get your shit rocked

His eyes shifted over to you, until..

He started cowering in fear.

'huh? '

"Yo-You smell like that man!"

Tilting your head, you thought about it.

'smell? like him? did he do something when we met? hm, if anything it was when he grabbed my throat'

You slightly blushed when remembering the incident, but now really wasn't the time for that. Maybe later.

The demon went and attacked Tanjiro, heavily avoiding you.

Honestly, you felt special, I mean a demon lord favors you? Lucky ass.

Turning to Nezuko, you shook her to snap her out of whatever trance she was in.

She looked at you, then whipped around to go look at Tanjiro before running towards the demon and kicking his head off.

'lmao imagine having a demon lord kill your family and turn your younger sister into a demon but he chooses to protect your friend, just because'

After you finally stop awkwardly standing, you look for the demon and you see Tanjiro struggling with the hatchet and the demon wraps his hair around.

'Now's my chance'

You run over to the two and kick the demon as hard as you can, and he goes flying into a tree, along with the hatchet.

His body comes running at you two and you help Tanjiro up as quick as possible and narrowly avoiding the demon's body.

Nezuko runs and helps you out, fighting off the demon and we come closer to a cliff.

Tanjiro, with his bright ideas, tackles him off the cliff.

You run over, but Nezuko grabs him before he can fall too far down.

With a sigh, you walk towards them and help them up, and then walk back over to the head.

Staring exhaustedly, you waited for Tanjiro to grow a pair while he held the blade near the demon.

"That won't work"

You just looked at him briefly before staring back at the two.

You walked up to Tanjiro and hit his shoulder lightly with your own and pointed to the big rock near a tree.

He gave you a hesitant smile and you gave a tired one back.

The demon awoke, then started thrashing around and yelling after he realized where he was.

Soon after, the sun rose, and the demon withered away within seconds.

Tanjiro gaped in shock, at the place of his hatchet, where the demon used to be tangled up.

"Your heart is too soft"

You gave a soft huff, and then looked at him, fully this time.

"Are you Sakonji Urokodaki?"

He looked at you and nodded and looked back at him.

"What will you do if your sister eats a human? "

Tanjiro hesitated, and Urokodaki yelled,

"You kill her then yourself! that goes for you too"

You just gave a thumbs up in response.

'Well at least I don't have to worry about her' he thought.

Blah blah whatever you tuned out the rest, you were tired.

After they finished talking, you helped bury the people who passed and gave a small prayer then went to receive Nezuko from inside.

You sat and leaned against Nezuko's basket, waiting for Tanjiro.

Once Tanjiro was done, he ran into the building and sighed softly in relief at the sight of his sister.

'Gee, thanks sooo much for your concern ' You sarcastically thought, half thinking about voicing the thought before he came to you two and gave you a head pat and picked up the basket with Nezuko inside.

You stood up and stretched, since you knew you were about to do extreme physical activity, you might as well take advantage of any free time you have.

Then Urokodaki came to retrieve you two.

You gave Tanjiro a pat on the back and said

"Well, goodluck buddy, you'll need it"

Before you went and ran off, following behind Urokodaki's  silent form.

☁︎
900 words

sorry that I haven't been updating & this is kinda shitty its 1:24am lmao

school has been beating my ass in the non fun way 😕