Here you were, sitting in the old woman's house, in front of a crackling fire.

You sat there waiting processing what just happened to you.

You died and yet here you were, sitting in front of a fire, with warm tea in your hands.

Getting emotional about what just happened to you, you push it all to the back of your mind, you don't want that sweet woman, who decided to take you in, to worry again.

Hearing a soft creak of wood, you saw the kind woman you were just thinking of.

"Hello, dear, I've come to check on you" She said with a sweet smile.

God.

You almost cried

She had the most loving and motherly vibe to her and part of you felt so happy to have somewhat of a motherly figure again.

With a small smile reaching your face you started to talk.

"I'm doing much better now, thank you, your hospitality means more to me than you could ever know."

She walked towards you with small steps before reaching you.

"If you don't mind me asking, how much do you remember?"

You gulped,
"I-I don't remember much- Uh, I just woke up in the woods. I believe I no family here, or anywhere, as far as I know. "

She reached for your hand, giving it a light squeeze.

"Well then, would you like to stay with me? My husband had passed and both my kids have seemingly forgot about when they moved away. I would love to have your company, dear. "

You blinked,
She- She wanted you to stay?

"Of course you don't have to answer now, I understand you must be so confused and scared. "

Looking into her sunken eyes, you felt hot tears slip past your eyes.

"I - I would love to stay with you! " You said, at the verge of full out sobbing. 

"I'm glad, dear. I'll take care of you like my own. "

That was your breaking point.

You were full out sobbing in front of this poor woman, but she didn't look grossed out, her eyes only held sympathy and kindness towards you.

"Oh my, dear, let it all out, you know I'd never judge you, sweet pea."

"C-Can I hu-hug you? you asked, hiccups repeatedly interrupting your sentence.

" Of course, you are my daughter now, aren't you? "

And there you were, clinging to this woman, crying yout heart out, as she rubbed your back in a comforting manner.

☁︎

After you stopped crying, the kind woman offered you some food and you happily accepted.

And my god, how much you don't regret it.

Her cooking, was heavenly. you hoped she would teach you one day.

"How old are you, dear? " she asked, interrupting your thoughts.

"I'm sixteen, I believe. "

I mean thats how old i was before I died.

"My, my dear, you're of marrying age. Of course I'd never force you into anything, though you are a very pretty girl. "

Slightly blushing in embarrassment, you realized, marrying age?

Voicing your question to her you said,

"Marrying age? "

She nodded "Yes, are you not aware? You are able to get married at age sixteen"

"Sixteen, thats pretty young, isn't it? "

She only smiled and said "Of course, you don't have to get married right away"

You nodded

Finishing up the food she gave you, you thanked her once again for the food and for taking you in.

She nodded with her usual smile as she set up your futon.

You got up and went over to the futon once she was finished and hugged her

".. Thank you, Okasan. " The woman smiled at the name.

Laying down in the futon she wished you goodnight with a small kiss on the forehead, and then went into her own futon.

Once she blew out both the fire and the latern, you sat in darkness thinking about where you were.

'She said I was in the Taishō era so I'm guessing it's the very beginning of the era.'

'Maybe I'm in demon slayer, that makes a little bit of sense, we are near Mt. Kumotori, maybe I'll see Tanjiro. If I do, that'll be my evidence of my theory. Hopefully I don't run into a demon and neither does Okasan, I'm already very attached to her and I would kill everyone if she died.' You frowned at the thought of a demon killing her.

'Don't worry okasan, I'll make sure to become a super strong demon slayer and protect people!' You smiled before closing your eyes and finally falling asleep.

☁︎

761 words