Madison nodded and exhaled a loud breath. She opened the car door, and stepped out. Melody did the same. They both walked towards the front door, and noticed that it was already open. Their parents were probably already inside.

Walking into the house, Troy stood by the staircase staring at his phone screen, "honey, did you miss me?" Melody called.

His head snapped up, and a smile spread across his lips, "of course I did," he opened his arms for her, and Madison walked into the living room, so that she didn't have to endure the PDA.

"Victoria?" A smile immediately formed on Madison's face, as she met those alluring green eyes again. Victoria was seated on one side of the loveseat, and sipping on a glass of wine. When she heard the voice of her best friend's little sister, she was startled, to say the least.

Madison walked over to her, and sat on the vacant side of the loveseat, "hey, Madison. You look gorgeous," Victoria pressed her lips together, and admired Madison's exposed collarbones.

"So, you were invited too?" Madison asked.

"Yes. Along with all the rest of bridesmaids and groomsmen."

Melody and Troy walked over to them, "Maddy, this is Troy."

Madison stood, and stretched her hand out for him to shake, "it's a pleasure to meet you," Madison said.

"I've heard a lot about you," Troy responded.

"Same here. My sister won't shut up about you."

Melody arched her brow, and shoved Madison's shoulder, "honey, get your Mum. She'd love to put a face to the name," Melody said.

"Of course. I think she's in the back with everyone else," Troy wandered off.

"What are you two up to?" Melody teased, looking between Madison and Victoria. Madison puffed her cheeks, and glared at her sister.

"You are as beautiful as the photos," Gloria pulled Madison into a hug, making Melody chuckle.

"Thank you," Madison mumbled.

"If my husband wasn't dead, he would have loved to meet you," she pinched both sides of Madison's cheeks.

"Okay, someone had a little too much wine. Mum, don't suffocate her," Troy said.

"Fine," Gloria mumbled, before walking away. She did have too much to drink.

"That was awkward," Madison said, as she rubbed her cheeks with the palms of her hands.

"Come on. Let me introduce you to everyone," Melody pulled her sister by her arm.

"Gloria, why do you always have to drink so much?" Carson groaned, as she leaned against the doorframe that joined the kitchen and the living room. Madison's eyes caught the woman's face for a moment, and she felt as though time paused. Her beautiful, red hair and admirable figure consequently lured Madison into a fixation.

"Madison?" Melody nudged Madison, making her eyes falter.

"Uh, yeah?" Madison mumbled.

"Melody, you remember my aunt Carson," Troy said. The call of her name got Carson's attention, and as her eyes flickered towards her nephew's voice, they met that familiar face. Candy Cane—Madison Pierce. Her eyes widened, and her glass of whiskey slipped out of her hand. The sound of the shattering glass startled everyone inside of the room, and Carson cursed under her breath. She couldn't lift her eyes away from the shattered pieces. She couldn't meet that gaze again.

"Fuck!" She hurried into the kitchen, and Troy went after her.

"You okay there?" He asked, as she searched frantically for the dustpan. Troy walked over to his aunt, and placed his hand on her shoulder, "calm down. What's the matter?"