"Mum, I do like my privacy."

"Fine," Amanda mumbled and leaned back in her seat. Gregory placed his hand on her shoulder, and she sighed. They both knew that they had to tell Madison what they'd been keeping from her for the past year. She was back in Rome, and they couldn't keep the secret any longer.

"Madison, there's something your Mum and I have to tell you," Gregory said.

"You're seriously going to tell her on the drive?" Melody shook her head.

Gregory took a deep breath, and rubbed the back of his neck, "I've been sleeping on the bedroom floor, so yes. It's time to tell her, so that I can go home tonight."

"Dad, what are you talking about? You moved out?" Madison asked.

"Your Mum and I have been living apart for over a year now."

"Really? I didn't know you two are having problems. So, I'm guessing from the sounds of it, you're getting a divorce."

"Actually, we got a divorce six months ago," Gregory responded.

"Well, thanks for telling me six months after," Madison couldn't believe her ears. They got divorced without even telling her?

"We didn't know how to tell you."

"So why did you get divorced? Did one of you cheat or something?" Madison ran the tips of her fingers along the strap of the seatbelt.

"No. Not that."

"Oh, sure. It was certainly not that," Amanda mumbled, sarcastically.

"It's not the real reason we got a divorce, Amanda," Gregory said. Melody parked her car, and inhaled a deep breath. The conversation already seemed to be heading down a slippery slope, "Madison, I moved out to live with my partner."

So, he cheated. Madison's eyes widened, "who is she?" Madison unbuckled her seatbelt, and turned to face the two.

"His name is Alejandro."

"Doesn't shock me any less the second time round," Melody said, as she tapped her fingers against the steering wheel.

"Wait. What? You're gay or bisexual or confused?" Madison's jaw dropped.

Gregory placed his fist against his mouth, and cleared his throat, "after a very long time, I realized what was missing."

"Yeah, a dick," Amanda chuckled, amused at how flushed Gregory was becoming.

"Really, Mum? I didn't need to hear that," Melody mumbled.

"Let's head in, before they think we're going to drive off," Amanda opened the car door, and stepped out. Gregory followed her lead.

"Thanks for the support there," Gregory mumbled, as the two walked up the concrete pathway.

"I'm a single woman at fifty. Give me a break," Amanda groaned, as she quickened her pace, and left him behind.

"Are you okay?" Melody asked her little sister, since she'd been staring at her lap for the past few minutes. She placed her hand on Madison's shoulder as comfort, "I've met dad's boyfriend. They're happy."

Madison inhaled deeply. It was just a lot to take in at once, "I just wish I knew when they were getting a divorce. I've missed out on so much."

"Yup. Well, little sis, I didn't know either until a few months ago, and I live right here."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It wasn't my place. And it's why Mum is trying to fix her relationship with you. She's afraid of losing you too."