Madison knew that her mother would disapprove of it, because of its sexual and explicit content, including the fact that it was a same-sex romance novel, "she'll never approve of that," Madison looked at her folded clothes inside of the suitcase, and noticed her vibrator. With widened eyes, she closed the suitcase.

"We'll be having dinner over at my mother-in-law's tomorrow. You'll get a chance to meet my fiancé."

"Sounds good. Let me take a shower. When is Dad getting off of work?" Madison asked.

"He'll be home in a bit."

Madison gave her sister a smile, before she walked out of the room. After taking a shower, getting dressed, and having a thirty-second motivational speech in front of the mirror, she headed downstairs.

Her eyes immediately met her father's, and she rushed over to him, "Daddy!" Madison leaped into his arms, and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"You've grown, sweetheart. I've really missed you," Gregory placed a kiss on her forehead, and squeezed her tighter into him.

"How's everything? I'm sorry that I haven't been in touch much."

"It's okay. You and I both know that it's sometimes better for you to love us from afar. You are happy, right?"

Madison nodded and pressed her lips together, "not as much as I thought I would be."

"Oh, I see. So are you thinking about moving back home?" He asked.

Madison shook her head, as they both sat down on the loveseat, "I'm not sure. I do miss you guys. Melody is getting married, and I haven't even met the guy. That just makes me feel—"

"Left out?"

"Yeah."

"I'm always here if you need anything," Gregory said.

Madison smiled and felt her eyes tearing up. She always appreciated her father's reassurance.

"Thanks, Daddy. It means a lot."

"I'm just being your father."

Melody walked up to the two, "Dad, how was work?" Melody asked.

"Frustrating. How was work for you?" Gregory patted his daughter's head, as she leaned against his chest.

"The usual. I'm gonna help Mum finish up in the kitchen."

"So, how have you and Mum been?" Madison asked. Gregory cleared his throat, and inhaled a deep breath.

"We're doing okay. Don't worry about us."

"She's not being a pain, is she?" Madison asked, as she noticed her mother standing next to the door frame that connected the dining and living rooms.

With a deep inhale, she got a tap on the back from her father, "I manage. Let's get dinner, sweetheart."

As everyone sat down at the dinner table, Madison noticed a couple walking in to sit down as well, and being that the only two available seats were both beside her, the woman sat to her right, and the man sat to her left. She would have allowed them to sit next to each other if they'd asked, and as she turned to the woman to give the option, she recognized the face, "Victoria?"

The woman lifted her head, and Madison met those familiar green eyes, "Madison," Victoria smiled, as she looked into familiar brown eyes.

"It's been so long. How are you?"

"I'm great. And you? How's it going in the Big Apple?"

"It's good. Writing keeps me busy."

"You look amazing," Victoria complimented, as she leaned forward, and rested her purse onto the ground beside her.

Madison felt her cheeks heating up, "you do, too."

"Madison, this is Anderson, my friend, Patty's son," Amanda introduced, as the butler placed the appetizers in front of everyone at the table.

Madison took note that the two were not a couple, and paid no attention to him, "Victoria, I'm guessing that you are the Maid-of-Honour?" Madison teased.

"Maddy, you know that you are," Melody said from across the table.

"Really? No one told me about this decision."

Melody gave her sister a glare, "you're my designated Maid-of-Honour because you're my sister."

"Such enticing words. How could I ever refuse such a position of endearment?"

"You didn't have a choice."

"Oh, right."

They both chuckled at their little banter, and Madison felt Victoria brush her hand against her exposed thigh. Oh, that's unexpected. Madison smiled weakly, and bit down on her bottom lip. She was definitely intrigued, to say the least.

"So, how's your writing going? I'm excited to read your next release," Victoria mentioned.

"Oh, you read my books?"

"Of course, you're my favourite lesbian author."

"I can't believe that Victoria Wilson is a Madison Pierce fan," Madison was intrigued too, and a bit turned on. She always thought that her sister's best friend was hot.

"You're a lesbian?"

Madison heard the unfamiliar voice, and realized that it was Anderson. Putting two and two together, she concluded that her mother misled the poor guy.

"So, you invited him for that?" Madison shook her head. Amanda tightened her jaw, as she focused her eyes on the pair. She wasn't pleased with Victoria for announcing what should never be spoken of.

"I think I should leave," he said, before getting up, and leaving the room. The front door slammed, and Melody couldn't hold in a laugh from escaping her lips.

"Poor guy. Everyone knows that Madison only likes girls," Victoria said, as she took a bite of her appetizer.

"Madison's not gay. She's just confused," Amanda grumbled with actual belief that she was right.

"Yeah, I've been confused for all these years," Madison humoured, before taking a sip of her red wine.

"He would have been perfect for you. But you fucked it up like you always do."

"Well then, I love being a fuck up. Makes me sleep better at night, you know."

"You better change."

"I like the way I am, and you cannot change that," Madison said in a blunt tone of voice.

"Trust me when I say that you're not living a right life."

"Just because I'm a lesbian, doesn't mean I do anything wrong," Madison paused and sighed, "Dad accepts me. Melody accepts me. This entire table doesn't give a fuck whose pussy I eat. The entire fucking world accepts me, but you won't," Madison fumed.

"Language, young lady. Is that the way your lifestyle makes you speak? It's repulsing," Amanda shook her head.

"Amanda, enough. You shouldn't have done this, and you know it," Gregory said.

"Oh, go ahead and approve of your daughter like you always do," Amanda responded.

"My daughter, yes. You should be more considerate about our daughter's feelings."

Madison felt that feeling—the feeling of defeat. Would the day ever come—the day when her mother would accept her sexuality? Amanda looked at her daughter, then at Gregory. The father and daughter were more alike than Amanda would ever accept.

"I'm sorry," Amanda mumbled. She knew that she crossed the line, but wouldn't admit to it, "let's just finish dinner."

Madison felt uneasy. If me being a lesbian bothers her, what if she finds out about the other things that I've done.