Madam Dara preferred sweet and spicy dishes. Xie Jiyong had just married her and had barely managed to eat for a short period of time to match her taste. As a result, he was unable to get the rash to go down, so when Duke Dingguo found out, not only did he not pity him, he instead mocked him ruthlessly.

At that time, Madam Dara felt angry and funny, but at the same time, she was laughing at him, calling him a fool.

When he was young, he did a lot of stupid things for her, but he was happy.

The atmosphere at the dinner table became more harmonious after he told such a story. Everyone forgot about the little interlude just now.

Only Jeon Jungkook's face was taut from beginning to end.

As Xie Lisa sat beside him, she felt the atmosphere change. She looked at the asparagus in her bowl and wondered if she should eat it or not.

Jeon Jungkook glanced at her, probably guessing what she was wondering about. He wordlessly took the asparagus out of her bowl and ate it himself with an expressionless face.

Fortunately, no one was paying attention to them at the dinner table, otherwise Xie Lisa would have been embarrassed.

She blushed. "Why do you eat my food?"

Jeon Jungkook snorted lightly, "Don't you like it?"

The conversation between the two was soft, because they didn't want others to hear them. So Xie Lisa moved closer to him. If others without knowing what was going on looked over them, they would only think that it was the couple whispering to each other, and it was somewhat romantic.

She did not realize it herself, but Jeon Jungkook liked it very much. His expression eased up a little.

Gao Taehyung's gaze fell on the two of them. Their attitudes were intimate and natural, just like how it was many years ago. There was no room for others.

This meal was probably the most painful one he had ever eaten. The meal became tasteless in his mouth. Time passed slowly, and he didn't know when it would come to an end.

After finishing his meal, he got up to bid farewell to the Duke and Xie Jiyong, preparing to return to the guest room.

Coincidentally, the direction of the guest room was in the same direction as the Jade Yard. To go back to his room, he had to go along with Xie Lisa and Jeon Jungkook.

Xie Jiyong and Xie Hanbin stayed in the central room hall to discuss matters with the Duke. Therefore, there were the only the three of them on the way back to the Jade Yard.

Jungkook and Xie Lisa walked in front, and when they reached the handpicked veranda, he suddenly held her hand.

Gao Taehyung, who was walking behind the two of them, saw this and his expression darkened. He pursed his lips and called out, "Ah Jungkook"

Jeon Jungkook's footsteps did not stop. After a long while, he finally responded, "What's the matter?"

He thought he was going to ask some unfathomable question, but instead he said, "Are you still the same Ah Jungkook that I know?"

Jeon Jungkook suddenly stopped and turned around to look at him. "What do you mean?"

Gao Taehyung learned from others that his name was not Li Jungkook, but Jeon Jungkook, Emperor Yuan Hui had changed his surname from Li to Jeon.

He was so strange, so different from when he was a kid, that he only showed a little childishness in front of Xie Lisa.

Following behind them were two servant maids. Seeing that there was something wrong, they lowered their heads and didn't even dare to breathe heavily.