Prologue: Darkening skies

Start from the beginning

___

Proceeding...

██████████████]99%

(Buffering...buffering...buffering)

...

...

System is now online.

Welcome back, Gray Ravens.

___________

An autonomous voice emanates from the nearby speakers, filling the silent cabin with noise. Occasionally, the aircraft would suddenly shake due to explosions outside, sending out vibrations throughout the hull. Crimson flashes of warning signs paints the interior in a ghastly color, before returning back to normal.

Sitting across each other are two female constructs, reassuring each other with firm looks of eyes filled with resolve. The construct with black and red faded hair glances to the man sitting beside her, curious on what he was feeling about being targeted by old surface to air missiles by the old world government, which was now controlled by the virus.

“Are you feeling queasy, Lucia?” The man noticed her gaze and asks in a calm and collected manner.

Lucia stares at him for a good while, before finding an answer to his question. “If Commandant Akiio can handle it, then I have no right to feel uneasy.”

The Commandant, Akiio Zxeuvietté, chuckles as her crafty response reached his ears. He is the acting commander of task force Gray Raven, which consisted of three elite constructs. The truth is, he was just as nervous as anyone would be, since the thought of being shred by sizzling hot shrapnel was on the bottom list of ways to die.

Akiio masks his nervousness with a gentle smile, and turns to face the petite construct in front of him, who was busy staring at him. Those wide, magenta orbs of hers felt like it was piercing through his very soul.

“How are you feeling Liv?”

The silken haired structured named Liv flinches after another explosion rocked the aircraft, before staring at the metal floor with a flustered expression.

“I-I'm alright Commandant. I just...hope that this operation will go smoothly...” Her voice trails off with a yelp as their transport craft swerves violently to the left, narrowly missing another virus-controlled rocket. Simultaneous exhales of relief escaped their mouths.

Lucia, Liv and Akiio all turned their heads towards the cockpit as their aircraft began into a sharp descent. The male construct piloting the aircraft was immersed on what he's doing, as his top priority was to evade anything that might lead to the demise of everyone inside the ship.

He would flick buttons and levers with precise timing and accuracy, even though he had his eyes focused beyond the canopy of the aircraft. His behavior right now is what Akiio needs the most, since all their lives are literally at the very hands of the blonde construct in the cockpit.

“Lee, how far are we from the designated location?” Akiio, recovering from his reverie, switches off his goofiness and replaces it with a much more serious tone.