A Spark of Hope

I got to King as the storm started getting worse. He was standing near the spot he'd thrown me into the mountain, looking down at the beach side. "Full hero costume this time. It is too bad you keep destroying mine."

"You're not a real hero."

"So, what do you want to do about these coming villains?"

"I still don't trust you."

"Your injuries are healed. Did you visit Kubo?"

He turned to me, the most anger I had ever seen in someone's eyes. This was some intense feeling he had. "Don't you speak about that!"

"Alright, it seems like you are in a bad mood tonight."

He grabbed my collar and pulled me up again. "You lay a finger on her, I'll kill you myself. You leave her out of this shit."

"What do you even know about her? How do you know she is not the bad guy? What if she is the one bringing the villains to the island? She tries to be a good girl, but being good to bad people means being the worst of the worst. The best villains just blend in. They are as plain as day, and you do not see until they attack."

"You really want to piss me off tonight. To tell me that innocent, quirkless girl is actually some major villain? That she's the one coordinating this?!"

"How much do you truly know about her? Go on. Tell me."

"Her name is Mirai Kubo. She's a doctor. She wants to help people."

"What kind of people?"

"People! All people! She hurt people, yeah, but she was protecting herself!"

"And yet, you like her, and not me. Both women, both from the mainland moving her, both killed before, and yet her as a hero is okay, but not me? Is it because she is not a threat to you? You must be blind." I told him, jumping onto a rock. "Sexist fuck. Look King, I am giving you one last chance to do the right thing before things get fucked up. Call for help while you still can. Do not give a shit about Mirai Kubo. That is not even her real name."

"I don't believe you one bit. You're fucking with my head trying to put the blame all on her! How do I know you're not the villain?!"

I jumped down in front of him. "You are right. You cannot tell if I am a villain or not, but you sure as hell are my enemy. This place is about to become a battle ground, and you students haven't even seen the shit these villains are going to bring. When that happens, i cannot help you anymore. Foreigners destroy this place. That's why we only let them on that one damned beach! Have you even seen all the beauty of this island? The flowers, the hikes, the ruins! The cultured food, the farms, the people! All you've done is obsess over a girl and sit at home waiting all day! If you truly like your life, I suggest you stay away from her. Doctor Mirai Kubo. She's made her choice, and you're not it."

He shot at me. I dodged, walking towards him. "Stay the fuck away from her!"

"What are you going to do with those brats anyway? You haven't liked them from the start. They're not going to die, they'll just have their quirks taken. Everything will go back to normal after. You can have your stupid fight elsewhere. Just leave my home alone!"

"Are you really making the choice to do this? You're changing back to that side?"

"You better hope that girl loves you more than her home. When I had nothing and nobody, this place accepted me. It gave me purpose. It gave me food and shelter and family. I love this place and I don't want to see anything happen to it." I grabbed at my heart. "I didn't get that hero that you are. I didn't get a hero to save me, I had to save myself. So many people I knew died trying to survive, or lived long enough to become the villain they feared would get them. I got lucky. This land is more important than you would ever dream. Do not destroy it. I'm begging you, do not destroy everything I've grown to love. The only thing that's loved me truly."