2: What A Nerd

~To The Story~

You were once that quiet kid in class. You were shy, meek, and socially awkward. You used to be afraid to speak in front of the class, fumble your words a lot when you were forced to speak to others, mentally curse your teacher whenever they make you answer a question, despite never raising your hand among the other students.

All and all, you did manage to make one friend at least during your first year in high school. Yuzuriha. When no one wanted to be your partner for a project, Yuzuriha approached you first. You grew comfortable around and considered her to be your closest friend even after all the friends you made over the year after your transformation.

Then, you were given the horrible news. Once you were diagnosed, your whole world fell apart. You were scared. Scared that you didn't even want to believe it and cried. Why did this happen to you? Why you?! Why couldn't this happen to anyone else?!

Well, you just happen to be that 'anyone' unfortunately.

That night, you caught your parents crying. You went downstairs to get some water only to catch your mother crying in the living room. In the dark, you quietly hid. You saw your dad doing his best to comfort your mother, though, you can tell how much this was affecting him as well.

They were truly and utterly heartbroken. The whole time you were with them, they tried to put on a brave face just for you. In fact, no matter the struggles they faced, the two of them would overcome it in the end. So seeing them break down like that hurt you beyond belief.

You were their only child. Will they be okay once you leave?

Seeing your parents like that made you wonder about Yuzuriha.

The next time you saw Yuzuriha, you were struggling to find the right words to tell of your illness. You can see it now. She'll sob right there and then. You don't want to see her cry. You don't want anyone else to cry for you.

You ended up not telling her in the end.

You spend some time thinking, cooling your head, going over your everyday life. Once you die, you'll be remembered as that socially awkward quiet girl.

Being near death's door must have changed your entire worldview because, after a long weekend, your entire personality changed. You said goodbye to the old you and became more outgoing, spunky and upbeat. Everyone took notice which gained you a lot of attraction and new friends.

It felt great.

Yet, it wasn't fulfilling enough. You're 16 and haven't accomplished anything and never will have the chance to achieve anything like everyone else who has a future. Unless you take matters into your own hands. There is still so much you wanted to do and you only have very little time.

It wasn't long until you wanted to come up with a list of achievements you want to succeed.

You did tell your parents, wanting them to know that you're still kicking and won't spend your last days in a pitiful state. It will crush them.

However, no one else knew.

...

Well, that was the plan.

You caught a boy in your grade reading your diary. You wished he read the part where you wrote down the story of you talking about how you vocally voice out on how hot you found the waiter to your friends only to find him standing behind you.

But instead, he read about your illness.

You were ready to have him feel sorry for you, only, that didn't happen. He was completely nonchalant the entire time.