Chapter 1: Prologue

"Oooooh! Mom that hurts!" Jin whined. "Why do I have to do this anyway? I hate it! And this Hanbok...! ARGH!"

"You have to because your father said so. You know that!"

Jin was dressed in a rather attractive dark violet Hanbok-so dark it was almost black, which fit Jin's mood. His mother fixed his hair so that his platinum blonde hair was more appealing. He wore makeup that made his face more glamorous and his cheeks look flushed, and his lips were a practically non-existent pink.

"Mom..." Jin whimpered a little. His mother was in a similar attire of a dark navy Hanbok that made her sandy blonde hair seem much lighter than it really was and simple makeup. "Does dad have a reason for doing this that he won't tell me?"

His mother shrugged her shoulders. "Your dad said nothing much about it to me, although he mentioned he was good friends with the father of your partner."

Jin stood up and pushed his mother's arm away. "God, how can he? How can dad just market me off to a pal like this?! Did he lose me in a game of poker, huh?! Or did I just get sold to the highest bidder?! Was he drunk?!" Jin shrunk down to his knees. "I thought dad loved me..." He said painfully. His mother knelt and hugged him carefully, trying not to mess his appearance up, which made Jin feel oddly frazzled. Weren't his feelings more important than how he looked?

"Calm down, dear. Your dad knows what he's doing!" His mother tried to console him.

Jin jumped up. "OH? So now, turns out it's really an orchestrated attack on me?! So he has thought out how to absolutely and utterly RUIN MY LIFE?!" Jin stormed over to the mirror and hastily pulled his hair and shook it out. His mother leaped over to him and tried to fix it.

"JIN! Jin, honey, stop it!"

"NO!" Jin slapped his mother's arms that were reaching for his hair again. "If I have to go through with this then I am going to go about it my own way! You probably didn't give a second thought to marrying off your only son when dad told you that he had already sealed the deal! How dare you try to touch me when you didn't fight for me at all! You act like it's such a smart thing and how I should be pleased that I am a married man without even having to go through with saying my vows!" Jin undid all his jewelry and angrily slammed it down on his dresser and stared into the mirror. He could see his mother behind him looking upset and angry and also undecided on what to do.

"...Fine, be like this. But you're only making it worse for yourself." She sighed and went for the door. "I'm going to go to see your father. By now, our guests have probably arrived. Be in the hall in five to ten minutes or else, Jin." She opened the door and turned back towards her son with a sincere look on her face. "I am sorry you aren't happy with your father's arrangements, but I'm trying to make the best of it. I'm proud to have such a wonderful son married so young. The least you could do is show your husband and his family the proper hospitality." and with that, she was gone.

Jin's shoulders drooped a little and he turned to the door. "God, my HUSBAND...!" he ran a hand through his hair that was looking attractively tousled, even if that wasn't the effect Jin had hoped for. "I can't believe I have a husband! And I've never seen nor heed of him..."

Jin paced about his room for a minute anxiously. He checked his reflection a few times-he had realized with sudden anxiety that he wanted to look good for his husband-then, with a long-suffering rough sigh, he walked out his room and down the dimly lit hallway to meet his new and unwanted family.

~ Edited