Chapter 16: On the Run

Victoria calls the other team and while standing in a private alcove. Looking like Hudson's offixe. Vixen picks up the phone.

"Vixen, what the hell happened?" Victoria asks hastily.

"We hit a minor detour." Vixen says calmly

"What the hell is minor detour?" Victoria asks panicking.

"We covered the flash drive but we can't find the downloaded copy on his computer. And security is trying to find us now."

"Shit. Okay, try not to get detected. We'll see if we find anything here." Victoria hangs up and the couple looks to her

"What should we do?" Stefan asks.

Victoria thinks for a minute and an idea pops in he mind. "Stefan, I need you to find Hudson's office. The downloaded copy of the game could be there also."

"On it, be safe you two." Stefan presses a kiss to Mary's cheek and leaves to find the office without drawing any attention.

"Mary, it's time to cut loose ends with Hudson. Remember our plan?" Victoria says.

"Oh I do, just wait here and watch for us." Mary says as she goes to Hudson who is near the mini bar.

Victoria watches as Mary walks towards Hudson, their conversation droned out by the chattering of people around them. Victoria gets another call and answers it. Her eyes still on Hudson and Mary.

"Hello?"

---------------------------------------------------------

~Vixen's POV~

"We managed to take down some guards. And by we, I mean me." Vicen says as he shoves the second guard in the supply closet.

"Please tell me you didn't kill or hurt them." Victoria asks exasperated

"Of course not, V. I just simply put them in a headlock and made them go to sleep for some time." Vixen says cheeky.

"Shit. Okay, Vixen. What are you guys still doing there?" Victoria asks

"We already recovered the flash drive. Colin is digging up dirt. Also he sure does hate the guy but I guess it's fueled by his-"

"Vixen, I know you are Victoria's brother, but I will kill you if you say that to her right now." Colin says while continuing his focus on the computer screen.

"Anyway, we'll let you know if we find something. Everything is good for now. You should really be with your date, Victoria." Vixen jokes

"Don't worry about me. Just cutting loose ends. Talk later." Victoria hangs up

Vixen puts the phone back in his pocket and leans against the desk next to Colin.

"Have she ever told you why she left?" Vixen asks

"No, and why would it matter. We are...just friends." Colin says grimacing.

"Well I'm going to tell you anyway since she hasn't. Our bastard of a father didn't want her seeing you. He made her move away or else he would send some of his people on you. Meaning hurting you, or worse killing you. So, she left to protect you until he "mysteriously" got into an incident." Vixen explains and watches Colin's face retort from sadness to anger.

"Well, I heard he's dead now. But I'm not sure that changes anything." Colin says gruff

"It does. You now know the truth." Vixen says

Thakur goes back in the room and quietly closes the door. "How's the search going, Colin?"

"I can't find the other games he had stolen but I did find emails to other company's he held the contest at. So many of them. It wasn't just Tuckersoft he targeted; he also had others shut down because of his greed." Colin says

"Well, I'll save it to my computer. Now we better get out of here. The security recording I did only lasts some time." Vixen says as they pack up the stuff.

Soon as they were leaving the room, they hear thundering of footsteps and shouting voices.

"Well shit. Okay mates, we may want to run now." Vixen says quickly and the men run in the other direction. The footsteps of security guards have followed them.

The men hide in the closet thing to keep them in total darkness as the voices and running feet run away from their hiding spot. They step out and go back towards the entrance.

"Good thinking Thakur, now let's get back to the car and get my sister." Vixen and the others hurry out the door and get in the car.

---------------------------------------------------------

~Victoria's POV~

Victoria watches as Mary takes Hudson out from the open and into another room. She smirks to herself chuckling a little to Mary's plan. "Mary, you are one fucking genius."

Victoria walks to the room and sees Stefan leaving a room still not drawing attention to himself. She smiles and bit and walks into the room and sees Mary and Hudson. Hudson touching her waist and trying to pull her in.

"You. Fucking. Asshole!" Victoria screams as she walks to him. She backhand slaps him hard on the face. She saw the look of shock and fear I'm his eyes.

"Victoria, Darling. Let me exp-" As Hudson tries to reach for Victoria. She pushes him away and slaps him again.

"Don't fucking touch me. And better yet lose my number." Victoria walks out the room and Hudson follows, ignoring Mary.

In the open of crowded people, Victoria heels click against the floor and Hudson shouts her name. Patrons look over at the chaos.

"Victoria please, let's talk about this. That was nothing! She's nothing but a gold digger!" Hudson blurts out.

Victoria and Mary look at each other. Victoria puts on a sly yet fake smile as she steps toward Hudson. Her hand reaches for a glass behind him from a passing server.

"You look a bit thirsty from all that chasing. Here Hudson have a drink." Victoria raises her hand above his head and pours the drink on him. The guests filled the room with laughter and shock.

Mary then grabs the same drink and stands next Victoria. Her smile matching hers. "Here Hudson, have another."

Mary copies Victoria's movement and the guests roar with laughter once more. Stefan chuckles to himself. Some others take pictures and record it.

Victoria leans over, her voice whispering in his ear. "Don't ever say that about my friend. And another thing. You might want to see the new update on your game." Victoria flashes him a innocent smile and links arms with Mary.

Stefan joins them and together they walk out. Victoria cranes her head and sees Hudson's face filled with horror as he rushes upstairs. The group starts running and giggling as their getaway car pulls up.

---------------------------------------------------------

Everyone gets in and Thakur drives away. The group continues to laugh as the other 3 men looks at them as if their hair was on fire.

"What are you blokes giggling about?" Thakur asks.

"Victoria and Mary may have given Hudson what he deserved." Stefan says happily

"Oh, I have to hear this. Tell me everything." Colin says as he sat up in his seat.

"Well I slapped him twice..." Victoria explains. The men began laughing.

Mary explained the rest. "And we dumped our drinks on him. Then Victoria said to him..."

"I said that you might want to check the update on your next game. Stefan, what did you find on his computer?" Victoria asked

"I found all the other games he had stolen and our game. I uploaded to a flash drive I have." Stefan explained and everyone in the car cheered.

"And Tuckersoft will reign for years and years!" Thakur shouts

As everyone cheered, Victoria sits there her smile faltering a little as she remembers. Vixen notices and gives her a small smile, which she returns back.

With that, everyone gets home and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.