just needed a hug

Summary - Tom needs to comfort Zendaya
Words - 470
————

Zendaya had learned how to keep her emotions in check, most of the time. Tom had learned how to tell when she wasn't completely alright.

This was one of the instances where she couldn't keep calm, even though she tried. She was stuck inside this building all day for press interviews, and she knew when she'd leave there would be the yelling and flashing lights of the paparazzi, leaving her feeling stuck. The neckline of the sweater she was wearing felt as if it were choking her, and she hated the feeling of the material against her skin. She could feel herself getting sweaty, and there was some sort of shakiness going all the way through to her fingertips.

She knew her anxiety was rising, but thought she could handle it. All she wanted to do was go home and lie down, but instead she was forced to sit in an uncomfortable outfit all day.

She got through the final minutes of the interview she was currently doing, knowing most of what she was saying would be cut out to make the video a few minutes, to keep the attention span of viewers. She was then left to her break.

She walked away from Tom, who was her interview partner for the day, luckily. She thought she needed to be alone. However, she realized she actually needed him quite quickly.

Tom had obviously realized she was nervous, but before he could go over to help her, she had already texted him to follow her.

She began walking down a hallway, silently praying no one would ask her where she was going, and pulled Tom into an empty room.

Immediately after she shut the door behind them, she threw her arms around him, clinging to him as tight as she could. While she felt her eyes well up with tears, she held them back, not wanting to ruin her makeup and look like a mess in the following interviews.

"Hi" Tom whispered to her while rubbing his hand up and down her back.

He knew she wasn't alright, so there was no point in asking her, so he tried to comfort her with his actions.

"I just- I don't even know." Zendaya muttered as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"I get it." Tom replied as he kissed the side of her head.

They stayed in the embrace for a bit, lightly swaying back and forth, which was a great comfort to Zendaya.

"We can always go home if it's all too much." Tom whispered to her.

"No, I don't wanna make a big deal out of it, I'll survive." She replied, half joking.

"Alright. Ready to get back out there?"

"Not yet, we still have a few minutes, let's stay here." Zendaya replied, wrapping her arms tighter around him.

————