03 | 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘, 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘

Start from the beginning

"Mind if I take a look?" He asked.

Maia laughed. "It seems you already are, so."

He picked up a pen from the desk and began scribbling out the formula that was written at the bottom of the page. Maia's eyes widened slightly and she looked up at him in shock, Carson met her eyes over the top of the clipboard and smirked before turning his attention back to the piece of paper.

"Here we go," Carson started to write something down. "That should do it." He passed the clipboard back over to Maia.

Maia looked down at the new formula he wrote, a bright smile appearing on her face when she noticed what he had corrected. "Oh my god, why didn't I think of that earlier!"

He shook his head. "You just needed a little nudge in the right direction, I guess."

"Well, you certainly are a hero aren't you?" Maia grinned and placed the clipboard back on the desk. She placed her hand on his arm. "Thank you though. Seriously, I would've been going out of my mind all week."

"Don't worry about it." Carson smiled. "Now you can go show this to Bruce."

"Yeah, and give a big fuck you to all the other idiots in here." Maia glared at one of the other scientists, only to look away quickly when he turned around after hearing what she said.

Carson snickered and looked over and the man. "You hear that?" He pointed at Maia.

Maia grabbed his hand and pulled it down. "What are you—"

"She's talking about you by the way." Carson continued, having to stifle a laugh when the other scientist quickly turned back around.

"Oh my god." Maia covered her mouth with her hand, trying to hide her amusement.

"Come on." Carson looked back at Maia with a grin and leant his back against the table. "Did you see the look on his face? That was pretty funny you have to admit."

Maia shuffled closer and stood in front of him as she chuckled. "It was, wasn't it?"

The pair made eye contact again, holding it for a moment before smiling at each other.

"I thought you were going to the bathroom?"

Carson looked over his shoulder to see Wanda stood in the doorway, her brows furrowed. He leant up from the table and Maia took a few steps back as she cleared her throat.

"Oh, hey Wands." Carson spoke up. "I was but I—"

"He was just helping me with something, that's all." Maia told her. 

"Right." Wanda pursed her lips in thought as she looked between the two. Her gaze landed back on Maia, her eyes narrowing slightly. "And this was something that you specifically needed his help on, or?"

"Not originally, but." Maia bit the inside of her cheek. "In the end he really saved my ass, so I guess it was his help that was needed. Is that okay?"

Carson scratched the back of his head and looked back over to Wanda, noticing how her brow had raised and her head cocked to the side a little at Maia's comment.

Well shit.

"Moving on." Carson chimed in before anyone could say anything else. "I'm finished here anyway so I can come with you to put Morgan—"

"I already tucked Morgan in." Wanda looked over at him.

"Oh you did?" Carson asked. "Shit sorry Wands."

"It's fine." Wanda replied bluntly.

Carson furrowed his brows. "Uh, are you sure?"

"Why wouldn't I be sure?"