03 | 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘, 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘

Start from the beginning

"Okay, I'll see you in a minute dorogoy." Wanda smiled up at him. "Oh and before you go... I'll take that." She took the ice cream tub from his hand and grinned when his jaw dropped slightly.

"Don't—"

"Calm down." She laughed. "I won't eat any. Promise. I'm just going to put it in the fridge."

Carson narrowed his eyes at her. "Hm, okay.. okay. I'll be watching you witchy."

He turned on his heel to make his way towards the bathroom, stealing one more glance over his shoulder at Wanda with a small smile on his face.

As Wanda turned around the corner Carson moved his gaze back ahead of him and continued walking down the corridor.

"Hi stranger."

Carson stopped in his tracks and turned around, looking over at the doorway of the room where the voice came from. He walked back up and looked inside to see Maia sat down at one of the desks, fiddling with a pen that was in her hand.

"Oh, hey." He replied, leaning in the doorway. "What're you doing here?"

Maia stood up and walked over to one of the tables in the lab that held different test tubes. "I work here remember. Don't tell me you forgot about me that easily?"

"Ah Not quite." Carson chuckled and stepped into the room, making his way over to the table and looking down at the tubes.

Maia kept her eyes on Carson, watching him intently with a slight smile as he studied the contents of the test tubes.

"You're making a healing solution?" Carson questioned as he read the formula.

"Mhm." Maia hummed. "You managed to figure that out just from reading the tube? I'm impressed."

"Well," Carson shrugged and met her eyes. "I guess I'm just full of surprises."

"I'm sure you are." Maia grinned. "But going back to your question. I'm trying to make a healing solution."

"Just you?" He asked.

"Yep, just me." Maia replied, popping the P. "My idea was to create some sort of serum, the effects on the body being similar to yours. The plan is to make it for the team. So when they come back from missions they don't have to take as long to recover. Or if they have any serious injuries, the whole healing process would be so much easier. They could even take it with them on missions but—"

She boke out of her rambling as she noticed Carson watching her as she spoke, his brows stitched together while he took in what she was saying. Maia took a deep breath and ran a hand through her hair as she shook her head.

"I know, it sounds stupid." Maia said under her breath.

"I don't think it sounds stupid at all." Carson told her. "Why would you think that?"

Maia pointed her gaze over at some of the other scientists in the room, gesturing Carson to follow her line of sight. He looked over his shoulder and furrowed his brows before turning back to look at Maia.

"They think I'm wasting my time." She whispered. "Apparently I'm in over my head."

Carson scoffed. "I wouldn't worry about them. They're probably just pissed off they didn't think of the idea first."

Maia smiled at his words and turned her attention back down to her notes, a small frown appearing. "Even if that's the case, it's still not ready yet. The effects only seem to be temporary and everything I try doesn't seem to work."

Carson walked around the table and to her side, holding out his hand. Maia looked down at his hand and raised a brow in curiosity. He chuckled at the confused expression on her face and took her clipboard from her hand, flicking through her notes.