They didn't know how to react, Naruto could tell. There were hushed side-conversations and uncomfortable shifting in seats.

"Over the course of our coming here, much has happened, some of which you have heard about. I was… initially distrustful of everyone behind me, as I'm sure any of you would be. But as I've come to know them, speak to them, fight with and for them, I see that they are good people; people who I would be honored to call my friends… as well… as a lover."

There were those in the crowd that gasped and Naruto's eyes shot wide open. He looked to his sides and saw that he wasn't the only one shocked by her announcement. "I'm in love with him," she continued, a light dusting of pink on her cheeks. "In fact, I think I love all of them. They're the people most precious to me. And I would do anything for their sake. And I'm comfortable knowing they would do the same for me."

She paused again and looked up to the sky, taking a deep breath and closing her eyes. A flair of blue fire ignited at her feet and traveled up her body, encompassing everything, leaving a faint outline of her body. It contorted and compressed until it was like a bodysuit over her own. She smiled and raised a fist into the air. "Apart we have found strength, but together is how we know how to use it. This is a moment that will go down in history. The world will know peace. True peace."

Her fire flickered out and she returned to her position at the line-up.

For a scant few seconds, nothing happened.

Then one person started clapping. Followed by another. Another. Then a cavalcade of clapping followed. Some even rose up and started cheering.

Even despite himself, Naruto couldn't help but smile.

00000000

"What is up with you and shopping for clothes?" Naruto asked, only to get smacked in the face by a flying T-shirt.

"I'm not shopping for clothes," Kurotsuchi replied. "We're shopping for clothes. Got it? And we're shopping for clothes for you, so be grateful."

"I don't need clothes."

Kurotsuchi looked at him as if he said something about not needing hydration, food, or another necessity. "The only pair of clothes you have left is the one you have on your back."

"They're shipping the clothes from rock over here."

"Which will take a couple of days," Kurotsuchi said with a bit of a mumble as she looked over at a pattern on a shirt. She snapped back to him, showing the front of the article while saying "I don't even know how you can operate on one pair of clothes. Anyway, how do you like it?"

It was a long-sleeved black shirt with a skull-like emblem going from top-to-bottom. Naruto half-frowned. "It's not really my style."

One of her eyebrows titled up in amusement. "Not for you. For me."

"And I thought we were shopping for me," Naruto said, putting his hands on his hips, eyebrow cocked.

"We were, but I've got a blank check for getting you garbed and I'm going to make good use of it. So back to the question: how do you like it?"

He crossed his arms over his chest. "First of all, that's a man's shirt."

"I'll get a small."

"It's a bit gothic."

She flipped a hand through her hair. "I'll get a highlight to match with it then. I've never tried the goth look."

"A hair highlight? What color are you thinking for it, pink?"

Kurotsuchi walked over to a full-length mirror, splaying the shirt over her torso. "Why pink?" she asked, half-paying attention.

"Your eyes, obviously," Naruto said, joining her, looking at their reflections. She was smiling a little bit while his face looked neutral.