Stay With Me

Partygoer's POV

I shouldn't have done that.

I understood that she cares about Leona (and she doesn't actually care about me, I know that.) and she only wants to help me, but she'd crossed the line.

I continued walking to a random direction, and taking some resources that appear sometimes. But I thought to myself, how should I really start with this. What level should I be in? On second thought, staying on this level wasn't so bad. Resources are easy to get too.

Yeah, maybe I'll stay here after all.

I looked at Leona who's not doing anything except sleeping for the past few hours. Is this what babies do all day? Sleep, get fed and then poop. Is that all? What a useless creature. Or is there something wrong with her after all? Is that why she brought her to her friend?

Nah, it'll be fine. But I'm getting tired of holding her all the time like this. I spotted a door a little farther from me. I ran to it and tried opening the door. It's not locked.

I gently opened the door. It's dark over here, but oh well that's oka--

EXCUSE ME WHAT THE F---

Oh, It's a smiler.

I quietly closed the door back, not wanting to bother the entity. Leona could be in danger because of that thing, if I'm not being careful. But as I turned around, I saw a group of skin stealers.

Is this what humans call karma?

I better outrun them. I don't wanna attack entities while holding her. I started running away in full speed. The skin stealers, they did not understood the assignment well and started going after me. I saw Leona getting a little bit uncomfortable based on her facial expressions.

I'm sorry, Leona. I really am careless.

Why am I running away by the way? I'm a partygoer, so taking care of them shouldn't be that hard. They're not that many anyways, there's only 6 of them. I only need to be a little careful since they're targeting her, not me. I continued running and turned into another corner.

Unfortunately, it's a dead ending.

I turned around and got ready with a knife in my right hand. They're getting closer. I kept getting more nervous.

But then I suddenly heard a girl's voice shouting.

"Come chase me, you weaklings!"

The skin stealers then ran straight towards the girl, ignoring me in the corner. I'm glad, but that girl is kinda stupid isn't she?

I peeped behind a wall to see who it is. Oh, it's her.

WAIT IT'S HER?!

"Nora!" I called out to her and a skin stealer began to run towards me. Crap--

I jumped and attacked a skin stealer by stabbing into his head. But the knife was too weak and it snapped. The skin stealer took the opportunity to try and grab Leona. Before he got to touch her, a bullet came and went through his head, ending his life. The skin stealer's blood splattered everywhere.

I landed on my feet while hugging Leona very carefully. The girl then ran towards me and asked me, "Is she okay?"

"She's fine I think." I stood up and replied. The cloth wrapping her is stained a little with the skin stealer's blood. She actually had woke up and and is staring at me with her round eyes. Her eyebrows frowned as she turned her head slightly towards the girl. Cute, maybe she's a bit confused because of the gunshot sounds.

"I'm glad."

'Whew.. Glad she didn't cry--'

As I started thinking about it, a loud crying sound filled the warehouse-like level. Both of us were startled and I quickly gave Leona to the girl as I didn't know what to do. The girl tried calming her down, but it didn't work. So, we ran like crazy, looking for a hidden spot before the entities and humans found us.