Dangers at Warped Tour!

Warped Tour is fun, but safety is also important. And there are a few things that happen at Warped Tour that some people consider dangerous... also known as mosh pits, circle pits, crowd surfing, and the Wall of Death.

First things first!

I think the least dangerous thing out of all of these is a circle pit, so I'll start this off by talking about what a circle pit is.

A circle pit is basically where a portion of people in the crowd spread out and make space for people to run around in a circle over and over and over for the entirety of a song. The worst that could happen in a circle pit is people can get pushed and shoved.

Second!!

Crowd surfing is kinda self-explanatory. Someone gets lifted and people in the crowd lift him or her up so he or she doesn't fall when they are "surfing" the crowd. I have heard stories of people who have crowd surfed and gotten injured. I'm not going to crowd surf at all.

Third!!!

If you don't know what a mosh pit is, Google it because I don't really know how to explain what it is. I do know that mosh pits can be VERY dangerous. People can get hit, kicked, punched, knocked down, etc. There is no way I am going in a mosh pit.

Last, but certainly the most dangerous and therefore the most important...

the Wall of Death!

Picture this: Draw a rectangle. Pretend that there is a huge crowd of people inside that rectangle. Now pretend that the rectangle splits in half into two squares. Now pretend that the people in the left square move left more, and the people in the right square move right more. NOW pretend that ALL of those people run into each other and fight. That's basically the Wall Of Death.

It's pretty obvious that the Wall of Death is dangerous (hence its name).

SO I AM NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE WALL OF DEATH WHATSOEVER.

I know that none of the bands I'm going to see do the WOD anyway.

As for mosh pits and crowd surfing (because I know this happened last time PTV was at Warped) I will stay as far away from it as possible. I'll probably be standing in the back of the crowd rocking out to Pierce the Veil.

I am not judging or hating on anybody who wants to crowd surf, go into a pit, or participate in the WOD. If you want to mosh or surf or go into the WOD, go ahead, but BE CAREFUL! If you are like me and want to AVOID danger at all costs, try to go to the side of a crowd or stay toward the back.

That's all for now! Have fun and STAY SAFE at Warped Tour! -Megan :-)