Chapter 4 - Erik's Errand

Mulai dari awal

The two of you tried to ignore it as you continued fighting the bulbs. After the next arrow you shot, you noticed that it left more of an impact than your previous attacks.

Y/N: "Is that... Because of this glow?"

Erik looked over as he was fighting another bulb

Erik: "Y/N! Eleven! Finish this last one off!"

You and Eleven both looked at each other, and you felt like you both had the same idea. You drew your bow back and prepared to shoot whilst Eleven was charging up a Frizz spell. Once fully charged, he casted it onto the tip of your arrow and ended up getting stuck on it. After aiming at the bulb, you took the shot. On impact, the arrow pierced through the bulb as the Frizz quickly burned it up.

Once the bulb had died, the two of you stopped glowing

Y/N: "Holy crap, what was that!?"

Erik: "Nice Pep Power, you two!"

Eleven: "That's what they're called..?"

Erik: "Yup. Randomly you'll start glowing which means you're pepped up. Being pepped up makes you stronger and let's you synergize with others who're pepped up to perform powerful attacks. That's the short of it, at least."

Y/N: "You seem to know a lot about this."

Erik: "You get to know these things once you've been in my business as long as I have."

After that encounter you continued your way up the path, eventually climbing up a tall wooden scaffolding that led to an entrance carved into the cliff. On the other side of the small cave was your destination:

--DOWNTOWN HELIODOR--

Erik: "Welcome to downtown Heliodor, home to rogues, ruffians, and all my other favorite kinds of people!"

And that fact was very apparent. Most of the homes and shops were either tents or made of nothing but wood planks. Clearly this is where you ended up if you weren't rich enough to afford living in the actual city.

Erik: "About a year ago, me and Derk, my partner in crime, managed to, ahh... acquire one of the royal family's most prized possessions: the Red Orb. They got wise and pulled me in eventually, but not before we'd stash it somewhere safe so we could pick it up later."

Y/N: "So where is this 'Red Orb' now?"

He then pointed down the path towards the other end of Downtown

Erik: "Right down there is the biggest, stinkingest garbage pile in all of Heliodor. Me and Derk buried the Orb slap-bang in the middle of it. After all, no one would ever think of looking for it there. We're criminal geniuses, I tell you!"