Chapter 2 - The Reveal

When the three of you made your way back to the base of the Tor, you were greeted by a small group of townsfolk, leading them all was Gemma's grandfather, Dunstan.

Gemma: "We're back safe and sound, grandad!"

Dunstan: "Indeed you are, my dear! Thank the Spirits for that! When we saw lightning striking up there, we got a little worried, I have to tell you. Hyeh heh!"

You and Eleven both explained to Dunstan what happened up on the Tor, from the Condor attack to the mark on Eleven's hand glowing.

Dunstan: "Well I never! Sounds like it's nothing short of a miracle that you made it back in one piece! Well, there's no doubt about it—the Spirit of the Land was watching over you! Now tell me, my dear—how was the view from the top?"

Gemma: "It was wonderful! I saw the sea stretching to the horizon, and the sunlight playing on the water, and... Oh, I've never seen anything like it in my life!"

Dunstan: "You're true Cobblestonians now—only we have the pleasure of looking out over the world of Erdrea in such breathtaking fashion, you know. You're still young, and the day may yet come when you decide to leave Cobblestone behind. I hope our little ceremony has opened your eyes to a little of what may await you out there."

He turned towards you and gave you a comforting smile, at least as good as one can show with a mustache such as his.

Dunstan: "I do hope it wasn't too much trouble for you, young Y/N."

Y/N: "Of course not, sir. It was a thrill to the very end."

Dunstan: "That's delightful to hear. Now, it's high time we were heading back. I'm sure your mother is eager to hear how things went, young men. Don't keep poor Amber in suspense!"

Eleven: "Don't worry. We'll tell her all about it."

Dunstan and the townsfolk turned around and made their way back to the village

Gemma: "Come on, you two! Home time!"

You and Eleven chuckled and followed the rest of them.

--COBBLESTONE--