Chapter 10- Celebration

The cobblestones forced us into the house. It was amazing. Sparkling doors surrounded the upstairs. Pepa danced in a new storm of snow. Bruno held onto me as the casita pushed the whole familia together.

"Everyone! Together!"

"La familia Madri-"

The cobblestones pushed us together for an even more chaotic picture. We laughed, some of us falling from the wave. Bruno twirled me as music started again. We were having fun after all these years.

After the celebration, la casita had us go upstairs. It wanted us to open our doors. Bruno's and my door were right next to each other. Mirabel had a door this time, right across from Senora Madrigal's.

I touched the doorknob. My power rushed through me. Glitter appeared in my gray hair, making it look like stars rested in the soft waves. My dress shimmered more than usual. My eyes glowed with a soft galaxy inside. I twirled, giggling as the others cheered.

I walked inside. My bed was floating on a cloud. I had a glass ceiling like before. Zodiac signs were painted across the walls. Two doors led to a walk-in closet full of galaxy-themed dresses.

"(Y/n)! Come look at this!"

I ran into Bruno's room. It looked a lot nicer. No more spiraling stairs. It was the only spiral up that branched into two. One led to his vision room. One led to his bedroom. The room felt warm and welcoming; the exact opposite of what it used to be.

"You're so beautiful, even after all these years," Bruno breathed, reveling in my happiness.

"The stars make me look young," I admitted. "My skin is not that smooth."

Bruno held me in a soft hug. Maybe after all those years, he was touch-starved. He straightened and kissed my forehead. I took a leap of faith and kissed him softly. He smiled, but kissed me back. A moment we've both wanted for a long time.

We had dinner as a family again. Senora Madrigal was a lot happier having her son at her side. She was laughing. My hair streaks glittered the more the night came. By eight, it was almost blindingly silver. My eyes glowed as Camilo got up.

"Camilo, finish what's on your plate," I said without looking up.

He looked at me, surprised. He sighed and sat back down. My eyes turned back to their normal glossy (e/c). Camilo smiled fondly at me when I tried to hide the silver in my still-colored hair.

"Was it you at night?" I asked Bruno as we walked up the stairs.

"I haven't seen you in fifteen years and the only one who loved me for me," Bruno reasoned. "I missed, and wanted to see, you."

"I do love you," I assured him. I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Good night."

"Are you really going to sleep?" Bruno called as I walked away.

"Nope!" I replied as I shut my door.

I changed into my nightgown and laid in bed. It took me up to stare and read the stairs. The night looked so pretty that night. Almost like welcoming back my old crush made my whole night brighter.

The door opened and closed. Bruno stood at the entrance in green pajamas. I smiled and lowered the bed. He crawled in and held me. I knew he wanted to be with me just by the pleading look in his eyes.

I fell asleep for the first time in a while.