Chapter 36 - The final straw

Start from the beginning

"Okayyy.... who died? " he asked looking at both of their faces.

"Nobody!! Just that I am not very keen on getting my memories back today" Sivaangi replied like a child who refused to do the homework on a friday night.

"Relax Sivaangi, you need not do anything that you don't want to, but know this, ivalo naala willing ah accept pannitu irundha nee, if something is stopping you from the inside to go ahead today, just think what could be the reason" doctor replied sitting in a chair next to her.

"So, you say that I can recover my memory today? fully? " she asked skeptically.

"There is definitely a chance and your brain knows it and hence the hesitation" he replied with a smile.

"Okay, lets get this done once an for all then" she replied leaning back on the therapy chair.

Ashwin patted on the back of her palm appreciatively and got up to leave.

"No, sit here, close to me please" she said holding his hand

Ashwin looked at his friend, he nodded his head as Okay so he sat back down.

"Okay Sivaangi, lets begin, you know the drill, take a deep breath and relax" he said in a soothing tone.

"Lets see if we can continue from where we left off, what did you do after you spoke with your friend, what is the first thing you remember" he asked leaning against his chair.

"I don't know, I came down I think, I saw my parents in their room, they were arguing about something" she said crunching her face thinking hard.

"What was it about? any idea" he encouraged her.

"No, I am far away from them, not able to hear anything, but it looks pretty serious.." she continued.

"Or may be not, they are okay now, my father just pulled my mother into a hug" she added with a blushing smile on her face.

"It is always cute to see them pacify each other after an argument, adhuvum appa appadi konjuvaanga ammava and amma even though she would have lost her anger the very first second will prolong just to enjoy appa's pacifications" she said with the smile widening more.

Her words not only widened the smile on her face but on Ashwin's face too.

"Okay ma, lets move further, what did you do next? Did you tell your parents about the call? " the doctor asked again bringing her back to the topic.

Sivaangi's face changed to embarrassment as the scene unfolded in front of her eyes.

"Enna vilaydaraya Sivu, it is you who forced us to come here and now you want us to take you back? what is the sudden need to go back to chennai now? " her mother asked her in a slightly raised tone.

"Ma please, an interschool singing competition is coming up this weekend it seems, it is not mandatory but lot of big schools are going to participate and it will be big confidence boost for me if I win this one, pa pa, sollu pa please" 12 year old Sivaangi nudged her parents.

"Seri appo weekend enga koodaye vaa, what is the need to go tomorrow? " her mother asked clearly proving that she is a mother and no details can escape.

"Naalikku evening kulla I have to register illana participate panna mudiyaadhu" Sivaangi replied immediately proving  that nothing can stand in front of a smitten teenage girl.

Her mother looked at her father, he gave a strong nod as an yes with a closed open eyes agreeing to Sivaangi's request.

"Thank you so much pa, you are the best" she got up squealing kissing her father on his cheek.