Chapter 15

Three days had passed since you got back your bike.
Not a lot happened over the weekend aside from Thomas sending you a text message, asking if you wanted to hang out on Saturday evening. At first, you had debated declining since you were expecting to see Kanjigar by then, but after the trollhunter didn't show up on Friday either, you told Thomas that he could swing by your place.

With your father not being around, you had the whole house to yourselves. Thomas brought along some frozen pizzas, you provided an array of movies to watch and you spent the evening together. It was rare that you hung out like this and maybe it was because of how stressed Thomas' situation at home was but he seemed a little strange.
Insecure or uncertain, maybe? Well, he never was the confident type to begin with anyway. But still, there was something off about his behavior.

Then again, he probably just needed a break.

While watching one of the movies, your thin friend had asked you a question. It had been a casual, subtle question which you didn't think much about before giving a just as casual and subtle response, halfway focused on the movie still.

"It's fun to spend time like this, right?"

"Sure is, Tommy."

You didn't even remember it now but to Thomas, it had been a huge relief to hear you say that. One could say that to get your answer to this question had been the whole reason of him suddenly wanting to come over. Of course, you couldn't have known about the doubts growing in his heart at the time.

But yeah.
Other than hanging out with Thomas, nothing happened. And when I say nothing, I mean nothing. This also includes Kanjigar not showing up again.

It was a bit unusual of him to not attend to your meetings for four nights in a row.
Surely he was simply busy with his trollhunter duties. Maybe something happened in his hometown. Trollmarket did sound like a pretty damn wild place whenever he spoke of it and its inhabitants. 

You wondered if you should ask about Draal next time he came by again. After your unexpected encounter in the woods the last time you were with him, you hadn't really had the chance to learn more about his family.
What kind of person was Draal? Were they as alike as each other in personality as they were in appearance too? 

You had only seen a small bit of the crystal-spiked troll, which made you even more curious. 
How would he react if he knew about his father's nightly visits to your house? Would he like y-

"(L/n)! For ze last time just because you have gute grades, doesn't mean you can daydream in my clazz!"

The loud voice of Señor Uhl ripped you from your thoughts with his sharp accent like a owl rips unsuspecting mice off the ground to feast upon their flesh. He was looming right in front of your desk, his angry blue eyes glaring down at you.

"Now flip to page twentytwo and read ze first two paragraphz!"

"Sir, yes, Sir!" you responded in a joking manner out of instinct -the man didn't quite seem to catch the sarcasm- and quickly refocused.

Still having to deal with the mental whiplash this teacher had given you just now, you got up to stand while your fingers automatically moved through your textbook but turned a few pages too far. You let them flutter back again until you had a story of some kind in front of you. In Spanish, of course.

So in Spanish you began to read.

'Newspaper report on alleged hidden government facilities from 1932,' the text began.
It looked like an official article that had been reused to teach some very specific words to students.
Although it sounded more like a conspiracy theory no one believed anymore.