Chapter 6: His Family

Start from the beginning

"What is this I've heard about the car racing, Alexander?" My dad's cold voice thundered across the dining room, breaking the tension that's slowly growing.

"I wasn't there, dad!" I replied curtly.

Kyle, one of my friends and a street racer had a race with a newbie and the deal is higher than usually is.

$20,000.00

Trying to win the bet, his car's transmission exploded, causing to caught on fire, then he lost his balance and went into a ditch, it flipped upside down, landed on the top and burst into flames. Colton was lucky to roll out of the car before it exploded. He got serious bruises, but the doctor said he's fine. Although, he's still at the hospital lying unconscious. He should wake up anytime soon.

"I hope you stop racing, hijo. I have only you!" He scowled as he continued eating.

I started eating, without bothering to respond to my father. It's the safest way. I can't promise I won't race anymore. It's the only thing that's making me feel alive, other than bedding every willing girl.

"And, I hope this year you're graduating, hijo." My dad said earnestly as he stared at me waiting for my response, placing his fork and knife on his plate and grab his wine.

After a long silence. "I will Dad," I reluctantly promised. Every time I see my mother, I wanted to ruin the guy who brought so much pain in my family.

I have decided to take this year seriously, and get a degree. If I want to tear them both, then I have to start getting a degree, at least, to start with. Done with the happy-go-lucky life.

"Your mom and I, has decided to get a divorce." My Dad blurted out bitterly. I whipped my head to his direction, then to my mother who was silently chewing her food. She was avoiding my gaze.

Her eyes were filled with sadness. Pain and longing. It hurt me to see them like this. But, she did it! She chose him than my father.

"But, why just now?" I asked nonchalantly. "Is that the reason why you called me to attend this meeting?" I asked icily playing with my food. I felt nothing. My heart is numbed.

My dad heaved a long painful sigh. I know he's holding the tears. I've seen him crying not more than once in his study.

He doesn't know I have witnessed his silent grieving. I was just seven when I first saw him crying in his study. I was about to asked him if he could take me to my friend's party. The study door was ajar without his awareness.

It took two fucking years before I understand his sorrow. And, I saw it with my two eyes.

That day, all the affection I have for her was gone in a blink of an eye. Replaced with hatred, loath and rage that I kept for 10 long years ... until now.

Yes, I loathed her kind. And I'm going to let them pay.

So don't blame me if I'm not into marriage. Or getting myself fall into what they call it Love. There's no such thing.

Love is just an imagination of some stupid bunches of morons.

"ALEXANDER!" Dad's voice echoed in the room snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Are you alright, hijo?" My mom asked in her soft worried voice. I must have been zone out for a while.

"Yes!" I snapped tartly not bothering to look at her.

"Don't be hostile to your mother Alexander Maximillian." My father warned gruffly as he glared at me.

I froze for a moment. I can't believe my father was taking her side.