The scariest types of enemies are ones that know no fear.

I glance between Shikamaru and Naruto, who both have stunned, frightened expressions on their faces. I can't imagine what they're feeling right now. They'd never had to face people like Orochimaru or Gaara in the past, so they're probably frightened right down to their core.

Gaara continues, "Its name is Shukaku and it's the living incarnation of an old monk of the Sand Village who was sealed up in a jar of tea."

Swallowing thickly, Shikamaru murmurs, "Yeah. Some kind of demonic Jutsu! But to use it on a baby, before it's even born? Man, that's creepy!" A distasteful expression settles on his face. "Gee, what a swell guy your dad must've been. He really must've loved you a lot."

"You speak of love?" Gaara asks, his voice turning low and venomous. "Don't measure me by your standards! Love, family... the only emotional ties I have to my family, are the ones I'd like to wrap around their necks... there are only ties of hate." We gasp but my face was darkening with each word that comes out of his mouth, despite my previous feeling for the redhead.

Gaara then tells us how he is the Kazekage's youngest child, how he'd "pampered" Gaara, and protected him, before leaving Gaara to fend for himself, and that his father had even tried to kill him countless times during the first six years of his life.

I don't give a shit about his backstory, but I'll kil him if he so much as looks at my teammates the wrong way. I've hated Gaara since we first met, but only because he's an outsider and not from my village, and I've always had this weird vibe around him, but now I hate him even more.

I refuse to let him near my family!

I snap out of it when twin columns of sand rise up towards the ceiling.

"Not good!" I think fearfully. "How is he even doing that while under Shikamaru's Shadow Possession Jutsu?! And with my needles at his throat?!" Shikamaru looks just as stunned as I feel.

I notice the Uzumaki is frozen to the spot. "Naruto! Move out of the way!" I grab onto his jacket and jerk Naruto back, causing him to stumble behind me.

"Huh?! Kimiko?!"

"Just stay behind me!" I order, stepping forwards. Suddenly, the twin columns of sand are shooting straight towards me again. There's a twisted smile on the redhead's face.

"Kimiko!!" Shikamaru and Naruto shout warningly.

"Incoming!" Adds the Nara.

My crystal dragon shoots forwards just as fast to meet him...

"Alright, that's enough!" A stern voice yells, causing all of us to freeze and turn our heads to the door. Both attacks also stop short in mid air. It was Gai Sensei. "Save it for tomorrow. That's when the final competition begins." He steps further into the room, now addressing the Sand ninja. "You're just wasting it today, is that what you want?"