Shikamaru huffs, "Yeah! You think we're just going to sit by and let you do whatever you want, you sick, selfish, psycho!"

"If you don't stay out of my way, I'll have to kill you three as well," Says Gaara.

Naruto yells, holding out a fist, "OH, REALLY?! LET'S JUST SEE YOU TRY IT!!"

Shikamaru scolds us, "Hey, take it easy! Would the two of you just calm down and stop provoking him?!" Shikamaru looks away as I arch an eyebrow at him. I wasn't taunting Gaara at all. "Yeah, yeah. We watched your last match against Lee. We know you're tough, but you know, Naruto, Kimiko and I have a few little tricks up our sleeves as well. We were holding back during the competition. There are things you haven't seen yet. On top of that, hey! It's three against one, and one of us is a renown, top notch assassin, so don't be a fool, ok? Just take my advice and go. Quietly."

I silently wonder why Shikamaru is bluffing like that. Not one of us held back during the competition. Only he did, but that's just because he's lazy.

If I remember right, sand's weaknesses is water. I could also crystallise it with my Crystal Jutsu...

"I'll say it once more," Gaara says in a steely tone, "if you get in my way, I'll kill you." His sea green eyes narrow dangerously.

"You don't scare me, Gaara! I absolutely refuse to let you kill Lee!" I say sternly as I hold out my hand. Crystal forms around the sand and takes on the form of a dragon

It then swirls back around to me, emerald green eyes glinting as a soft growl emits from its throat. I then do more hand signs and make crystal needles shoot up from the floor, trapping Gaara. Another very sharp needle protrudes from one right in front of the redhead's face, pointing directly at him. It glints dangerously.

Gaara doesn't even bat an eye

"Don't make me kill you," I breathe to Gaara, the crystal dragon hovering behind me.

Naruto says through gritted teeth, a fist to his heart, "A demon, huh? You know what? I got the real thing inside of me!"

Shikamaru tells me, "You know, I can't decide whether or not you're just as scary when you're being deadly calm like that, or when you're really mad."

Here, Gaara closes his eyes as he murmurs, "A demon, huh? My demon is as real as yours is." Gaara sends the Uzumaki a glare. "From my birth, my upbringing was not what most people would consider a happy one. To ensure that I became the strongest of shinobi, my father had cast his Ninjutsu on me, infusing my unborn self with a sand spirit. I destroyed the life of the woman who gave birth to me. I was born a monster."

I feel my whole body go rigid as icy fingers rake down my spine. Though Gaara's face remains unchanging.

There may have been a time in my life when I was broken, lost and confused, and feared I'd never be able to feel emotions again, but I was starting to learn to feel real emotions again since I came to the Leaf Village. And now I have the urge to protect my friends. The idea of people like Gaara existing is scary.