𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞; 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

No more than five minutes after the young girl was passed off to her father, a loud bang comes from across their house, more specifically from their front door. Almost instantly, Kirill stops swaying back and forth, causing Lev to stop playing the piano, and Polly to stop giggling. Both Alina and Kirill glance at each other from across the room, the two of them knowing that the crime rate in their town has recently been going up. As they all stand still, staying as quiet as they can, another loud bang comes from not only the front door again, but this time one from the back door too, causing them to whip their heads at both doors, at least one person keeping an eye on each door.

Due to the loud noises and the look on Alina's, Kirill's, and Lev's faces a small frown forms on Polly's face, unaware of what's happening or why everyone looks as scared as they do. She reaches her hands up and tightly grabs onto her dad's shirt, her eyes staying focused on her mom. While Kirill tries to keep Polly calm, Alina quietly rushes towards her son.

She crouches down to her knees, "Бери сестру и иди в спальню." She whispers to Lev, glancing behind them at Polly and Kirill. "Не будите Максима, а возьмите его и спрячьтесь вместе." She nods towards their bedroom, telling Lev what to do, slowly and clearly so he understands.
[Translation 1: Take your sister and go to the bedroom.]
[Translation 2: Do not wake Maxim, but take him and hide together.]

Lev nods at his mothers words and begins to slide out from sitting under the piano, while he does that, Kirill whispers a few words to Polly and places a soft kiss on the top of her head, he then sets her down on the ground, encouraging her to go towards her brother. Lev meets Polly halfway, and wraps his hand around her tiny hand. With tears in her eyes, Lev begins to force Polly away from the two doors, but before the two kids can make it far, the front door gets kicked off its old rusty hinges, slamming back to the wall closest to it, making the old door crack. While Lev manages to hold his fear in, the 4 year old girl — who's never endured anything this scary — lets out a loud shriek, expressing her fear. Alina, who's the closest to the two, jumps back and blocks her two children from the commotion, using herself as a shield.

"Идти!" Kirill yells to his wife and children. He takes a step forward, so he's now closer to the front door, he glances behind his shoulder for a moment, and gives Alina a nod, reassuring her, knowing she'll do whatever it takes to protect their children.
[Translation: Go!]

Alina, who doesn't want to leave her husband alone, turns back towards Lev and Polly. She grabs onto both of their wrists and pulls them away from the front door, leaving her husband alone to deal with whoever is breaking into their home; the home Alina and Kirill worked so hard to get, despite it not being a mansion. With tears now in Lev's and Polly's eyes, the two children follow in their mothers footsteps. The three run past what little furniture they have, and go directly towards the bedroom, where the youngest is sleeping. Before either of them can even open the bedroom door, the closed glass window, that's directly next to them, gets a large brick thrown through it, making all three of them drop down to their knees. As the glass shatters and falls to the ground, Alina pulls her two children closer to her, covering them from the glass shards, rather having herself getting hurt than them. The back door that once got banged on, now has an axe half way through it. Whoever is trying to come in, has gotten tired of kicking and hitting the door and has now moved onto the easier option, ripping it down.

While still on their knees, Alina reaches a single hand up and twists the door knob, opening the bedroom door. She slides to the side and allows both Lev and Polly to crawl into the room before her, but instead of following behind them, she doesn't move, she stays planted on her knees, outside of the room. Both Lev and Polly give her a confused look, while encouraging her to come into the room with them, doing what their father wanted her to do, but instead she shakes her head.

𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄,  𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara