But.

Damian never received any permit documents about letting the painting stay, suspicious enough that Damian was creeped out.

He hated this family painting.

Damian let out a long exhale and tried not to get too serious bothered by the painting, he'll just ask Nanny Jane to take it back, That's it! Problem solved!

He left the hallway, surely his day was ruined because of that single painting.

"Your highness?" Damian turned and saw a hall boy, Damian stared at the hall boy blankly. ' Hall boys are mostly in charge of lighting up all the candles in the palace and doing some trivial duties, but this hall boy his too young.' Damian continued to observed the stiff child infront of him. His caramel soft curls made him much more innocent looking, emerald eyes and his warm ivory skin made his appearance looked more perfect. Why the hell does everyone look so god level in this world?!

Damian shook his thoughts empty and focused on suspecting the child, 'Where did this kid come from? If he had pointy ears surely would make me think his an elf, oh don't make me started about his emerald eyes they are described just like that brat Jeanette's eyes..'.

"Your highness?" Damian snapped out of his thoughts when the boy again called him. Damian being a curious racoon decided, why not ask the boy a few questions?

"I'm sure your one of the new staffs, tell me how old are you?" Not wanting to disrespect Damian the boy hurriedly answered, "I'm 7 years old," Damian kept his blank expression but from within his shocked, 'His body is more small than any regular 7 years olds. And would you look at that his in the same age as Philip.'.

" 7 huh, you look nothing like a 7 years old, anyway what your name?", " My name is Ren." Damian instantly thought the boy's name was boring. Curious again why his name is so boring Damian asked, "Ren? Who gave to you that name, and which family did you came from?".

Ren's eyes widened when Damian mentioned about his Family name, then again he doesn't want Damian to be annoyed with him so he answered his truthfully. "I don't have a family name, I'm just a commoner..".

"A commoner? Inside the palace? Now that certainly unexpected." Damian is sure that Ren is not just a commoner, his a slave.

Slaves lose their commoner status and family names once they are trapped in the hands of those greedy people. Damian is certainly surprised that a kid like Ren got in and had job inside this strictlyand heavily guarded palace.

As Damian grew, he noticed that the servants within the palace are either extra children from noble houses, illegitimate children of the noble houses, and servants previously working under the noble houses, oh and a commoner family with a some what close relationship to nobles [A branch family from a noble's family tree]

Servants who entered the palace got in because of those.

"Ren, Being a hall boy is not fit for you. Hall boys light the candles and kids like us can't even reach Candle sconces," When Damian said that Ren immediately shook his face in denial, "Y-Your highness is mistaken, I'm only a butler in training!".

'Huh?! His not a hall boy but a butler in training?! Since when did the palace allow such thing?!' Damian at this point was confused. Butler in training are a No-No in the palace, they take in experienced servants not beginners.

"Ren, how did you get in the palace?" The question made Ren froze, Seeing the hesitance in the boys eyes made Damian bothered. Suddenly Damian face grew dark and he let out intense Mana aura that made Ren tremble under the intense atmosphere, 'Did those Nobles send him as a spy?... God, their patience is running low now huh?'.