Chapter 5

"It's your fault for choosing painting like this!" Hae Rin seemed irritated when she saw her result of copying the art. Sang Ho took the canvas and replaced it with a new one.

"Be patient. We still have few more days to make it." This time Sang Ho sat in front of the canvas and start to paint, replacing Hae Rin who went to the kitchen to get a drink. He glanced to the other side of the room to see Soo Hyuk struggling to paint while Yeon Seok sat beside him.

"Have you ever do this before?" Yeon Seok asked as he saw Soo Hyuk just sat still in front of blank canvas with brush on his hand. Soo Hyuk shook his head, amusing Yeon Seok to the point he almost couldn't hold his laugh. "Why don't we start with the proper way to hold a brush. It's a brush, not a knife."

Soo Hyuk glanced at the brush he held, it did look like he was holding a knife to butcher the canvas. Yeon Seok pulled his chair closer to Soo Hyuk and grab his hand.

"Here, you should hold it like holding a pen." He said from behind Soo Hyuk, right hand on Soo Hyuk's hand while his left hand reaching out to fix the brush. "That's it. You have to gently stroke it, not stab it."

Yeon Seok moved Soo Hyuk's hand along with him, guiding it to the canvas and show how to do it.

"You got it?" Yeon Seok moved a bit to see Soo Hyuk as Soo Hyuk does the same and their eyes met.

Both of them stand still in that position, still hand in hand and face close enough that made them could feel each other breath. Seconds passed until Soo Hyuk finally let out a sentence.

"Can I try it now?"

"What?" Yeon Seok asked in his daze, finally regaining his sense. He moved back a bit, making a distance to Soo Hyuk. "Yeah, sure. Try it. I'm going to see Sang Ho's work."

Yeon Seok steps away to Sang Ho in hurry, face flustered as if he was seeing a ghost.

"Sang Ho-ya."

"Hm? Why are you here?" Sang Ho looked at Yeon Seok who put his hand on his chest. "Are you alright?"

"I might have heart attack. My heart beat went faster than usual, even more than when I do sport."

Sang Ho noticed his friend's face, blushing red. He glanced at Soo Hyuk who currently tried to paint, then back at Yeon Seok. "What did you do?"

"Nothing. I'm just helping Soo Hyuk and taught him how to hold a brush, and I met his face up close."

Sang Ho smirked as if he found a new toy. He went back at his painting, face full of smiles. "Let me ask you something. Have you ever felt like that with all your girlfriends?"

"No… Do you know what sickness is this?"

"You just grow up." Sang Ho said proudly.

"What do you mean? Does that mean I really could die of heart attack like other older people?"

Sang Ho's smile gone instantly when he glanced back at Yeon Seok. His face now full of irritation. "Sometimes I wonder why my grade is lower than people like you… Go back to work, now!"

An hour later, they both done for the day and decided to do it another day. Soo Hyuk took a few of his failed painting and brought it.