79. Preparations

Beginne am Anfang

Oh shoot, Tubbo thinks. Dream and Y/N destroyed Jack's land.

"Let's go!" Tommy says and everyone awkwardly goes to where they need to go.

"What type of decorations are you thinking Tommy?" Dream asks.

"Red and white mostly, streamers, balloons, my name, written in big letters"

"How about a statue of you?" Y/N asks.

"That would be great!" Tommy smiles.

"I'll start working on it, here" Y/N points to the center of the crater where Phil was creating wooden platforms and ladders to climb up.

She jumps down and lands in the water. Dream watches her jump down and slide down along one of the mini waterfalls.

So graceful.

Techno and Ranboo come back with some red and white wool, concrete, terracotta, and wood.

"Thanks, can you get these blocks?" Tommy asks handing them the list of items Y/N asked for.

"Yeah," Techno peers at the list. "These are all fairly simple"

"Just a bunch of dyes and concrete" Ranboo says before they both head out again.

"How's this Tommy?" Dream asks. He has made a white flag out of concrete with red edging and "Happy Birthday Tommy" written across it in red.

"Looks great Dream!" He says.

"Are you sure Dream can be trusted?" Jack asks.

"Yeah, this doesn't seem like him" Fundy agrees. "He could be planning a trap for you by trying to lower your guard"

"I know. But I want to give Dream a chance, he's willing to give me a chance. I have nothing left to lose anymore"

"True" Jack agrees. "Just be careful, okay Tommy?"

"Okay!" Tommy runs into the makeshift bakery where Niki is busy baking while Drista is mixing together some seasoning.

"How's it going in here women?" He asks.

"Pretty good until you came in here" Drista huffs.

"Bitch" Tommy flips her off and runs out.

"Tommy!" Tommy peers over the edge of the bridge and sees Phil finishing up the main platform and the statue platform.

Y/N's statue is halfway done, the main structure is laid out but the details still need to be added.

"What do you think?" Phil asks.

"Nice, and pretty good statue Y/N" she smiles at her younger brother before he pearls back up.

"Tommy" Dream says as he climbs down.

"Yeah?"

"How are we supposed to party on this one bridge with a platform down there to dive off of"

"We'll have the festivities set up around the bridge at the edge of the crater, the food, drinks, and games. The main hang out and talk area will be on the bridge"

"Okay, makes sense" Dream glances at the crater, remember his own hands activating the redstone that created it.

"What are you getting me for my birthday?"

"It's a secret" Dream smirks.

"It better not be a bomb"

"It isn't!"

"Sure Dream" Tommy chuckles and goes to help Jack and Fundy set up the party games.

"This look familiar?" Fundy asks Techno. He shoots an arrow at the button on the wall and a block is pushed over the tank of water.

"Hmmm it does, but I can't put my finger on from where it's from" Techno says dryly.

"It's the Manburg festival game!" Fundy says.

"Ah yes, the one where you tried to drown me" Techno says. "I remember it well"

Tommy leaves the two of them laughing and finds Tubbo walking around nervously.

"Tubbo? You okay?"

"Yea—no. I have a bad feeling that something bad is going to happen at this party and I don't think it's going to be Dream"

"Who's going to cause the problem them?"

"I feel like it could be Quackity" Tubbo whispers.

"Quackity's good, he's one of us" Tommy reminds him.

"I know, but he's been really distant and angry recently. Maybe Dream wasn't the villain after all and maybe, maybe it was Quackity all along"

"I don't think Quackity would ruin my special day, we're friends"

"If you say so Tommy, I just have a bad feeling" Tubbo's sky blue eyes stare at the sky.

5 days until the party.

———————————————————————————

Either the next chapter or the one after will be the birthday party.

It's going to be... eventful.

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!