100 views Special Chapter

Start from the beginning

As she burst into the tavern, however, her frown was replaced by a look of absolute shock. It was... not was she expected. She had thought she would see a very grim looking Jean, perhaps accompanied by a frowning Diluc or Kaeya.

What she had not expected to see, was the place covered in balloons and streamers. All her Mondtadtian friends there, fancily dressed, with eager looks on their faces. Lumine's eyes widened. 

Xiao POV

Right now, Lumine looked pretty nonplussed. Once again, it made him amused. He wondered how many more times would he smirk. This seemed like a party. For.... her?

His supicions were confirmed by another blonde dressed in formal clothes ran forward and hugged her. "A-Acting Grand Master, what is going on?" To which the blonde replied, "Ah, I am just here as Jean, so are Kaeya, Amber, Lisa, Barbara, and Diluc." 

"No, don't count me in." The redhead, who seemed to have a pyro vision, muttered. "Does that mean you are here as the Darknight hero?" "Hmph, of course not. Firstly, please stop calling me by that name, it's totally stupid. Secondly, I am here as the bartender, who has very kindly agreed to rent this place out to you for a while." He said the last part a little threateningly. 

The man with the weird blue star-shaped pupils raised pacifying hands, and said, "Now, now, Diluc, surely you can show some restraint, seeing as the Honorary Knight herself is here?" Honorary knight?

Till now, Lumine had been watching in silence. Now, she slapped her hand to her forehead, and laughed. "Seriously, thank you all so much for this kind gesture. But it really wasn't necessary." "Oh, but it was!" Everyone said together, the bartender, Diluc included. Scratching her nape, Jean said, "And, uhh, since you were the one who organized the party for me last time, it was only fitting that this time we did it for you, especially as you have been working for Mondstadt and its citizens' safety so hard." At this, she glared at the bluette, and said, ""Kaeyaaaaa! Why don't you just admit that you were the one who organised Jean's party." Kaeya averted his eyes.

Diluc interrupted them. "Now, if you all dont stop this quibbling right now, then I wont hesitate to kick you all out. But, as reluctant as I was to host yet another Knights' gathering,  I must agree with Jean, that Lumi indeed has been working very hard for all of us, even though she is a Traveler, and is not obliged to do so." 

Was Lumi her nickname? If so, it was pretty cute.

What on earth, Xiao? He shook his head.

The girl dressed in white pumped her hands, and said, "Hey, Lumine is supposed to rest! Can't you guys set your differences aside for a while, so that she enjoys herself!" The other girl, who he knew was a scholar from Sumeru, agreed "Yes, our sweetie certainly need her rest, doesn't she?" Lumine smiled. She seemed happy.

They were once again interrupted by the door bursting open. A kid, also dressed in full red, ran in, followed by a man . "Klee is here! She hopes she isn't too late!" The man spoke, "Ah, forgive us, we got caught up in some work on the way." "Albedo! And Klee!" Lumine exclaimed happily. She ran over to give the little girl a huge hug. "Well, now we all are here." Jean stated. And so the party began.

 ***

Paimon had huddled in a corner with Klee, talking about kid stuff. (Lol sorry I forgot you Paimon) Jean and Diluc were talking seriously about something. Lisa was discussing about sinners with Barbara, though her idea of sinners was... weird. According to her, someone who didn't return borrowed books on time were sinners. Pretty harsh.

And Lumine.... She was in what seemed to be a very serious competition with Amber. They had put their feet in a line, touching each other. Then they started pumping their hands and chorussing, 'Stone, Paper, Scissors!' again and again. The first time, Lumine kept her hands in a fist, and Amber had two fingers extended. As a result, Amber groaned, and stretched her first leg so that it was touching Lumine's again, who had taken her leg back by one step. 

This really strange process continued, but Amber seemed to be winning now. Lumine kept stretching until she was in a near split. Then, she made a paper, and Amber had made a stone. This was a literal personification of 'tables turning.' Lumine drew her leg all the way back, and Amber's eyes widened. She was unable to stretch all the way. She grumbled, "Alright, you win. But this is the beginning of our tournament." Lumine agreed.

(P.S. This is a game we actually play in my country, and we call it Banana Splits. Its really fun.)

Once again, he slapped his hand on his forehead. Seriously, is this what mortals wasted their time on? Then he was more than happy to be an adeptus.

***

At the end of the night, Lumine was grinning contentedly, surrounded by her well-meaning friends. And somehow, that was enough to bring him peace for a while. 

(1456 words. I hope this was good, and I have the next regular chapter planned out, I'll see if I can update it also today.... Toodles!)