Ep 1: First Day Of School

Charlotte woke up a little bit earlier to get ready and to make breakfast for the family. When their mom woke up, she was thrilled at Charlotte and didn't ask why she was up. If she did, Charlotte would have to lie and not mention the nightmares and the stressful night she had, going over and over all the things that could go wrong. But granted that was a typical night for her.

"Is Aphmau up?" Charlotte asked with a small smile. Mom looked at her and she nodded. "She should be, I woke her up not too long ago, but do me a favor and check on her?" Charlotte nodded. "Of course Mom."

Charlotte walked into her twin sister's room to hear....crying. Charlotte knocks on the closet. "Aphmau, are you crying in the closet again?" Aphmau's voice sounds hollow, "n..no." Charlotte looked at the door before sighing and opening it. "One of these days, I'm going to burn this closet to the ground and then where will you hide?" Aphmau pouts a little and giggles quietly. "Not fair!" Charlotte laughs too and she smirks. "Got you to smile, now tell me what's wrong."

Mom walks in sees the scene and mutters to herself. "Sometimes I wish you had claustrophobia because of these little hiding spots you have." Aphmau looks down at the floor, tears still falling on her cheeks. "Mom, Char, I don't want to go to high school anymore." Charlotte leans down and wipes away her tears. "Well that sucks because I'm not doing this alone, come on, for me?" Mom gasps shocked. "What? Sweetie, you've been so excited since we moved back here, more excited than Charlotte even." Charlotte pouts. "Hey!" Mom chuckles. "You know I love you Char." Aphmau laughs too, and that makes them both smile.

 Aphmau was still scared and nervous, but Charlotte was at least going to be there with her, making her smile a bit.

"But mom, Char, and I have been homeschooled forever." Charlotte sighs, it has been a while. Charlotte sighs and hugs Aphmau. "Yeah, it has, what if I say something wrong or don't get perfect grades, or what if-," Mom smiles softly at Charlotte and Aphmau. "Relax you two, it was only a year. Charlotte you don't need perfect grades, whatever you get I'll be proud of you for." Aphmau still looks down sadly at the floor and Charlotte pulls out of the hug.

"Even before then, I didn't really talk to anyone at my old middle school. I haven't seen another kid my age in person in a year!" Mom raises an eyebrow at that statement. "Well, I TRIED to get you to go out, but you wanted to stay inside and play your internet games." Aphmau whimpers and Charlotte hiccups thinking about what could go wrong before standing up.

Our mom doesn't need two daughters to comfort. Charlotte thought with a small sigh.

Mom leans down and looks over at them both. "Miijas, look, you are both going to be fine."Charlotte sighs and nods knowing that she will be fine because she will make sure she's fine. "Sure, it's going to be a new experience for you, and many kids probably won't like you because you are annoying sometimes. Aphmau laughs a little with a pout. "MOM!" Aphmau groans. Mom and Charlotte both laugh.

"But really, in all honesty, if they find you annoying, you don't need to be their friend in the first place. Just have fun and be you. You'll find people who love you for the beautiful people I know you are, and it doesn't matter what grades you get or how many friends you make, I'll be proud of both of you. As long as you keep that smile on, okay?" Aphmau and Charlotte smile and laugh quietly. "Thanks, Mom." They said simultaneously, then stared at each other and laughed again. "We can do this. We just need to stay positive and smile." They say together again before busting out laughing.